Chapter 56

Alexa's pov:

It was silent. I sighed and sat down on the floor with my back against his door.
"Why would you want to talk to me?" a weak and cracking voice  suddenly said. "Because I didn't get the chance to talk to you at the kindergarten opening" I answered. I could hear him move around in his room slowly coming closer to the door. "Well I'm not gonna leave my room." he said. "That's okay.. We could
talk through the door." I suggested. He sighed but agreed. "What do you wanna talk about?" he asked. "I don't know.." I slowly said. "Why are you even here? Did Frank made you talk to me? Because he is oh so worried?" he sounded hurt and angry. "No.. I just wanted to talk to you" I lied.
He sighed. There was silence between us. Suddenly Mila came running towards me with a paper in her hand. "Mila don't run or you'll fa-" it was too late. She fell and immediately started to scream and cry. I ran towards her and picked her up. Her knee was bleeding a little. I sighed and walked back to Michael's door. "What happened?? Is she ok??" he asked through the door. "She ran down the hallway and fell. Now her knee is bleeding a little. Do you have band-aid?" I asked him. "Wait.." he said and slowly opened his door. He looked at me and then at Mila who was still crying a lot. He slowly bend down and picked her up. "Come here, it'll all be okay again" he softly said. "Come with me Alexa." he said and slowly turned around and walked through his dark room. I closed the door behind us and followed him. He walked into his bathroom and placed Mila on the sink. "Let me see sweetheart." he softly said to her and looked at her knee. I leaned against the doorframe and watched him. He comforted her and kissed her head. Then he took a washcloth and wetted it. "I'll clean the wound ok?" he softly said and Mila nodded. He gently tapped the wet washcloth over her knee. Then he opened a little cupboard and took out a cream and band-aid. " First I will put the cream on your knee and then the band-aid, ok?" he looked at Mila and smiled softly. She was still crying but slowly calmed down. Michael put the cream and the band-aid on her knee, then he picked her up and carried her out of the bathroom. "You are really brave" he smiled at her.  "Do you like playgrounds or animals?" he asked her. Then he looked at me and smiled slightly. He looked pale and weak, his curls were hanging in his face and his eyes were red from crying a lot, I guessed. But he was smiling a bit and that was a good sign. He handed  Mila to me "Would you like to.. erm... maybe... go out for a walk... with.. me?" he shyly  asked. "Sure, as long as you'll show Mila the playground with the swings." I joked and smiled at him. He smiled slightly "Of course I will." he said. "Would you mind waiting in the living room so I could get ready?" he asked. "Of course not, we'll wait there for you" I said and smiled. I opened the door and was just about to leave his room when Frank came walking towards us. He was holding something in his hand. "Is everything ok? We heard Mila scream and cry and started to worry. She was drawing something, then she ran away and we looked everywhere for her." Frank looked at me "She ran down the hallway and fell. Her knee bled a little but Michael helped her." I said slowly turning towards Michael. "Good, good." Frank said and looked at Michael. "Oh and she lost this" he added and handed me a paper. "That's mine" Mila said. "Did you draw this?" I asked her and smiled. "Uh huh" she proudly said. "It's beautiful honey." I said. She took the paper and motioned that she wanted down. I let her down and she walked to Michael holding up her drawing. "It's for you" she proudly said and smiled at him. Michael bend down and took the paper. "Wow this is really beautiful. Thank you so much." he smiled and hugged her. "Should we hang it on my wall?" he asked her. "Yess!" she smiled. "Come on, we'll do it together ok?" he took her hand and walked back into his room with her. "Wow, you're really amazing." Frank silently said. I looked at him a little confused. "Why?" I asked. "Because you got him out of his room. You made him smile and forget about his sadness for a while." he said "That wasn't me." I said and looked towards Mila. Frank laughed "Good job to both of you. I'll go back to the others and tell them he's ok." he smiled at me and left. I smiled to myself knowing he was right. Mila came walking out of Michael's room and hugged my leg. I looked at her and smiled. "Did you hang up your drawing?" I asked curiously. "Yeeesss we did it together." she said. Michael came out of his room and leaned against the doorframe "She has talent" he smiled "She has indeed. I bet you've never seen such beautiful lines and circles" I joked. He laughed and agreed. "Every great artist started with lines and circles." he added. "Exactly" I said and looked at Mila who was turning around herself to see her dress flying. Michael and I both started to laugh. "I will get ready now, ok?" he said. "Okay, we'll wait in the living room." I said and took Mila's hand. Michael smiled at us before closing the door. "Come on Mila, let's see if there's still some chocolate cake left." I smiled at her. "Oh yes, I want chocolate cake" he laughed. We made our way back to the living room and waited for Michael.