Chapter 68

Michael's pov:

I woke up with a smile on my face. Yesterday has been amazing.  Alexa took me grocery shopping and Mila told me that she loved me.
For the very first time in a while I felt so incredibly happy.
Caught up in my thoughts a knock on the door brought me back to reality. I sat up and looked at the door. "Come in" i answered the knock and the door swung open. Mila came running inside immediately jumping on the bed and hugging me. "Good morning, good morning!" she said with a big smile on her face. "Good morning sweetheart" I answered returning the hug. I looked over Mila's shoulder to see Alexa leaning against the doorframe with a grin. "Good morning Michael" she softly said. I felt myself turning bright red since I was still in bed and without a shirt on. "Good morning Alexa"  I said looking down and biting on my lip. Alexa giggled silently before Mila caught my attention. "I help mommy to make breakfast for you" she grinned proudly. "Oh really? Well then I will come downstairs in a few to try it, alright?" Mila nodded eagerly. Alexa reached her hand out "Come on Mila, we'll wait downstairs okay?" she winked at me then both left.  My cheeks were burning and I'm pretty sure they were more than red. I hated the fact that I got embarrassed so easily. I sighed and got out of my bed. My ankle was still hurting a bit but I decided to walk around without these damn crutches. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower, dried up and searched something to wear. The clock on my wall caught my attention, it was already 9 am and I couldn't really remember a day where I slept that long and good since I have a problem with insomnia. Being around Alexa and Mila somehow made me being able to relax.
I slowly made my way downstairs to find Mila and Alexa sitting at the breakfast table both smiling at me. "How's your ankle doing?" Alexa asked slightly worried. "It's still hurting but it's okay don't worry" I calmed her.
I sat down and looked at the drawings which where placed around my plate.
"I made them allll for you Michael" Mila smiled proudly. "Wow they're really good, thank you so much Mila, I love them"
"Here for you" Alexa said holding a little basket with bread and some rolls inside. I took some and we began to have breakfast.

Alexa's pov

Michael really looked good this morning. His curls were still a little wet and hanging loose in his face. I felt myself staring at him. "Everything ok?" He asked with a smile on his face "Huh? Oh, oh yeah I- I'm sorry" I stammered turning quite red which caused him to giggle. To my rescue Mila started to sing and caught Michaels attention. 
While she was busy entertaining Michael I stood up and cut up some fruit while smiling like a crazy teenage fan girl.
In my stomach I could feel ticklish feeling.
I tried to calm myself down but there was just something about him which makes me feel so happy and good.

After breakfast Mila ran outside to play in the garden and Michael looked at me with a shy smile.
"Can I help you?" he asked.
"With what?" I asked not getting what he wanted.
He giggled "with the table. I'd like to help you to clean up everything. I mean, you let me stay here while my home is getting renovated so this is the least thing I can do." he smiled this beautiful and genuine smile.
"You saved my daughters life. There's nothing you have to do to make anything up to me. I'm the one who owes you big big time." At the thought of what had happened tears began to form in my eyes.  Michael rushed to me pulling me into his arms, holding me really close to him. "Shhh.. everything is alright. Mila is okay and happy. Please don't cry"
I wanted to answer but instead of saying something all I could do was crying.
The thought that I could have lost Mila and maybe even Michael was too much to bear.
Michael held me even closer in his arms and softly kissed my head.  His heartbeat somehow calmed me down.  He loosened his grip and looked at me "You are way too beautiful to cry" he softly wiped my tears away giving me a warming smile.  I couldn't help but smile too. His eyes were so sincere and while looking at him I got lost in my thoughts. His thumb was softly rubbing my cheek and he was looking at me not daring to blink as if he didn't want to miss a second.  I wanted to say something but only managed to whisper a quite "Thank you" which he answered with a smile.
He slowly got closer to me not taking his eye off me. I could feel his breath and smell his perfume. I closed my eyes not really knowing what what about to happen. Then I felt his soft lips planting a kiss on my cheek. I opened my eyes and smiled at him.  He wrapped his arms around me and smiled softly. I didn't want this moment to end...