Chapter 64

*a few hours later*

Alexa's pov:

After what seemed like eternity the doctor finally told us that Mila was okay. She had a few bruises but other than that she was fine. But he wanted to be completely sure so he advised us to stay at the hospital for the night.
I was still in shock but really glad and thankful that my little angel was ok.
"Miss, I would like to bring you and your daughter to your room ok?" I snapped out of my thoughts as a young woman, a nurse I guess, with blonde hair tied up into a nice bun looked at me with a friendly smile.
"Oh, yes, that would be nice" I replied and followed her.
Lia, my best friend, tried to hold back a giggle as she picked up Mila and walked beste me.
"What were you thinking about?" she giggle whispered.
"You" I sarcastically whispered back. Lia rolled her eyes and shook her head. "This is your room for tonight Miss" the nurse said as she opened a door "We added a second bed for you." she added with a smile. "Thank you" I replied and entered the room. "If you need anything, you can find me or other nurses right around the left corner" the nurse smiled and left. I closed the door behind me and walked towards the bed. Lia placed Mila on the bed and tugged her into the blanket. Mila looked tired and I'm sure so did I. "Mommy do we have to stay here?" she looked at me a little bit confused "Just for the night sweetheart" I answered her as I sat down next to her. "Will auntie Lia stay here too?" she looked at her "No sweetheart I can't stay here, but your mommy will stay with you" Lia answered "Oh okay.." Mila looked at me "Mommy can I draw?" "I'm sorry angel but I don't have any paper or pencil for you" I said and stroked her head. "Should I get them?" Lia asked "I'm sure you need some stuff anyways" she added. "If you don't mind driving all the way back home, that would be great." I answered thankfully. Lia was really the best friend someone could ask for. She was always there when I needed her. "Just tell me what you need and give me your keys." she smiled at me. I told her a few things which she wrote into her phone so she wouldn't forget them. "Auntie Lia?" "Yes Mila?" "Can you bring me my teddy? And some paper and pencils? Pleeeeaaaaasssseeeee?" Mila looked at Lia with puppy dog eyes. It was too cute. I was so glad she was ok. Thanks god Michael was at the right time at the right place. Without him I wouldn't have a daughter anymore. As I was thinking about him I sighed to myself. "Lia can you stay with Mila for a few minutes? I need to make a call." I looked at her and she nodded. Then I headed out of the room and searched for a quiet place where I could make a call. I needed to call Frank. As I dialed his number my hands started to shake and my heart was racing like i've been running a marathon. I was pacing around the room as I waited for an answer. "Hello?" finally a voice said. "Frank? Is it you? It's Alexa here" I said. "Yes, hello Alexa. Are you alright? Is your little girl alright?" he asked in a worried tone. "Yes Mila is alright, she just has a few bruises but they're not that bad." I answered. "Thanks god" he said. "And w-what about Michael?" I slowly asked. I was scared for what he might answer. Michael risked his own life to save my daughter. I could hear Frank sigh before answering. "He had a lot of luck too" he slowly answered "What does that mean?" I worried asked "He has some bruised ribs and a slightly broken ankle. But other than that, he's okay." Frank calmly added. I let out a huge sigh of relief "Thanks God" I exclaimed. "Is he at the hospital?" I carried on "Yes, i'm with him, we're at the UCLA" he said. "What room?" I asked. "We got a private sector on the last floor, room 467" "Can I see him later?" "Of course you can. He'll be happy to see you. He's been asking for you and Mila the whole time." A smile formed on my lips. I was so glad Michael was okay. "Tell him Mila and I are okay and that I'll come to visit him later." I said. "I sure will when he wakes up." Frank said. "Please message me when he wakes up" "I will." "Thank you so much Frank" I said and ended the call. I took a deep breath and headed back to Mila and Lia who were already waiting for me.
I entered the room and Lia looked at me. "Everything ok?" she asked. "Yes" I said and sat down on a chair next to Mila's bed. Mila has been fallen asleep. She looked really cute. "Okay, well could you give me your keys so I can get you your stuff?" Lia asked holding her hand out. "Sure" I said grabbing my bag to get my keys out. I handed her my keys and she headed out of the room.

Michael's pov:

I woke up having a huge headache. I slowly opened my eyes to see Frank sitting next to me. The room I was in didn't look like my room. "Hey Mike, how do you feel?" Frank asked, I looked at him unable to answer "You scared the hell outta me" he added. "What happened?" I somehow managed to ask. "You saved Alexa's daughter Mila. And you're at the hospital" he said. I now started to remember. I was in a car driving home from the studio i've been working at for the whole morning. I saw Alexa and Mila when we stopped at a red traffic light. Mila suddenly started to run onto the street when the traffic lights went green. I remember myself jumping out of the car and running towards Mila but that's all I can remember. "How is Mila? And Alexa? I need to see them" I began to panic. I needed to know if Mila was okay. Frank looked at me and smiled "Mike, Mike, don't worry. Alexa called me when you were asleep. Mila is okay, she got a few bruises but that's all." I let out a sigh of relief. "You saved her life Mike. That was really brave" Frank added. I looked at him "Brave? No, it was obviously that I had to save her. Frank don't you realize that she could have been killed by that car?" tears were slowly falling down my cheeks. The thought of Mila getting killed by a car hurt like hell. I was so glad she was ok. "Michael, you saved her and she is ok. Alexa said she will drop by later." Frank tried to calm me down. "Can I have your phone? I need to talk to Alexa." I asked while wiped my tears away. "Where is your phone?" Frank asked "I don't know, just give me yours, please Frank." he shook his head and started to laugh "You really lose them every time" "Shut up Frank" I couldn't help but let out a giggle. "Can I have your phone now?" "If you won't lose it" Frank joked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Shut it Frank" "Ok ok, here" he said and handed me his phone. "Thank you. Would you mind waiting outside?" "No problem, as long as I will get my phone back" "Frank..." "Ok ok, sorry. I'll go" he stood up holding his hands up in defense and left the room. Sometimes he really loved to annoy me. I laughed at my thought and started to dial Alexa's number.
"Hello?" she answered after a few seconds. "Alexa, it's Michael" I was so glad to hear her voice. "Michael, how are you?" she asked with a worried tone in her voice. "I'm fine, don't worry. How is Mila? She is way more important than I am."
"Mila is fine, because you saved her life. Michael you don't know how thankful I am. How can I every make it up to you?"
"I'm glad she is fine. You don't need to make it up to me. I would save her life every time again." a smile started to form on my lips. "Thank you so so so much Michael." "You are more than welcome Alexa. Will you and Mila drop by later?" "Sure, we would love to. Should we come now? Mila just woke up and we are just 2 floors under yours." "You are at the hospital? I thought she was ok?" "Michael don't worry, she is ok, the doctor just wanted to make sure." she calmed me. "Okay good." "I'll come up with her now" she said. I smiled to myself. "See you in a few minutes" I said and ended the call.