Purple (8) : how to pick yourself up in nine simple steps.

i. do you remember the days when you felt hollow? do you remember the nights when you wept into your pillow? do you remember the day you knocked on your soul and it refused to let you in? do you remember? do you remember? let it sink in.
ii. now, do you remember the day you cried into your friends lap and she held your face till you calmed down? do you remember the first time thinking that you finally had someone for support? do you remember the first time you let your walls down and breathing in the air you let in? let down your walls again.
iii. maybe you do. does it make you shiver? do you have goosebumps right now? did you cry, remembering all the times you failed yourself? if not, cry. cry your mind out, cry your heart out. cry till the veins of your eyes start throbbing.
iv. maybe you did and maybe it haunts you and maybe you cannot pick yourself up anymore. so let me do it for you. wipe your tears, wipe your eyes, put on some eyeliner. smile. smile at the mirror, smile at your cat, smile at strangers passing by in your school. smile at your friends and buy them chocolates. buy yourself extra.
v. being in a clean place gives you the illusion of having a clean soul. clean your room, clean your bed. change your bedsheets and spray as much room spray as you can afford to spray. pick up your toys and put them in sight. wink at the mirror and read encouraging quotes. tape your whole wall with them if you can.
vi. wear the best dress you can wear at home and twirl around in it. replay hailey's version of can't help falling in love a million times and twirl around in it. don't cry at the lyrics.
vii. look at your face in the mirror and say I love you, I love you, I love you a million times till you start believing in yourself. spend an hour doing it if you want.
viii. take out your journal and write down all the positive things you can think of at the moment. and then make a to do list. make it as detailed as possible so that you can tick off at least seven boxes by the end of the day. add be awesome to your checklist. tick it off in an hour.
ix. breathe. breathe. breathe. life will be magical again."