Chapter 26 ➳Red Eyes

(You must be thinking 'whoa Zoe is this another update not even 24 hours after your last one, are you okay??' WELL YES THIS A SURPRISE UPDATE ENJOY !!)

Maggie's POV

Damon and I quickly walked through the woods at a fast pace. We needed to get Amara back alive so Tessa could finish that spell. It seemed like everything is going wrong these, one you fix a problem another one just pop up. Is this what my life will be like if I stay here? I started to think about my future and if I was even going to have one. People die in this town, people die around Stefan, Damon and Elena and just everyone that knows about the supernatural world. Will this town ever be safe?

Damon was ahead of me when I suddenly hear a gasp. I looked up and saw Amara kneeling against a tree, she had dug a knife through her chest. "No," Damon said and speeded over to her pulling out the knife. I ran over beside them and turned to see Silas dead up against the tree, seeing blood staining his shirt."No Amara" Damon said trying to hold her up while she got weaker and weaker.

He bit into his wrist."Drink this," He said putting his wrist up against her mouth. "Drink," But she just spat all the blood out refusing it.He laid her on the ground while she struggled to breathe. I kneeled down beside her putting pressuring on her wound, getting her blood all over my hands. "No Damon we can't let her die," I said shaking my head.

"Hey Amara look at me," Damon said shaking her trying to keep her awake.

"I've been in hell, for two thousand years" She whispered, Damon's blood still stained her chin.

"Listen to me for five minutes," Damon said. My eyes were stinging, I've never experienced anything like this before. It was horrible.

"Let me die," She said with a small smile on her face. By then I took my hand off her chest.

"No Amara" Damon growled. "Come on please," He said while I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Damon," I said putting my hand on his shoulder while a tear rolled down my cheek. "She's gone"

"Get back to the house now," Damon said still looking down at Amara's body. "I need to find my brother"

I didn't say another word and got up and started walking to the house getting quicker. Amara is dead, she was the key to getting Bonnie back. It was just stolen from us just like that. I had to wipe my eyes to see since I had tears building in my eyes. Bonnie wasn't coming home. I ran up to the front door and opened feeling the warmth from the fire. "Guys it's Amara she's-" I stopped dead in my tracks seeing Caroline and Elena hugging someone with Jeremy behind them. Caroline and Elena stopped hugging and I could finally see who it was.

"Oh my god" I whispered as my voice cracked. I ran and embraced Bonnie as I broke down in tears. "Bonnie oh my god your back." I cried.

"I missed you so much, Maggie," She said tears streaming down her cheeks. I felt like this was all a dream. We had got Bonnie back, but I can't say that I had missed her so much since I thought she was away with her mother. Not that she was dead and all alone on the other side, it made me feel horrible. When Damon told me that Bonnie didn't want me to know of her death, it made me weak. Since I came here to Mystic Falls people have lied to me and kept me in the dark because they think I can't handle it. After all, I am still the 'new' one in the group, I am new to the supernatural world. I wished I could be more strong and even powerful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, now just think about what you want to do. Just concentrate" Bonnie said while I took a deep breath. I looked down at the feather on the table and hovered my hand over it. Bonnie is trying to help me get my power under control.We were currently in the living room, in front of the fireplace. I could feel Jeremy and Caroline's eyes watching me like hawks. Elena and Damon had gone back out to the woods to search for Stefan, I hope he was okay.