[ʟᴀᴅʏɴᴏɪʀ + ʟᴀᴅʀɪᴇɴ] We'll Meet Again

Swish, bang, crash

Those were the last sounds that Chat Noir heard as he limped and fell to the ground — deeply wounded from the akumatized's katana blade. He was bleeding fast, a pool of blood forming where he lay.

"Chat!" Ladybug leaped away from the battle scene, and rushed to her fallen partner. Her eyes were heavy, and her breath hitched. "You're going to be fine, okay?"

"L-Lady... Ladybug," he breathed out. "The ak-... akuma"

"No, Chat. I can't... I can't leave you here," she cried out. "I'm going to take you to an ambulance."

"There's... There's no time," Chat shook his head with his remaining strength. "You... You have to purify the akuma. D-don't worry about me. Save Paris for me, will you, Bugaboo?"

Ladybug knew he was right. She had to move on to purify the akuma before the problems could get any worse, but she knew Chat wasn't going to make it if she did.

"I'll come back for you, you silly cat," she carefully stood up. "You better be fine when I'm done."

With a heavy heart, she jumped onto the roofs of the town, leaving her beloved Chat Noir at the brink of his life, almost lifeless— almost gone.

"Chat, I'm back," Ladybug swept him up and immediately ran towards the nearest hospital. When she noticed that he wasn't responding, she spoke out again, "Chat?"

He barely fluttered his eyes open, but the slightest movement from him gave her hope that he would survive.

"Don't you scare me like that," she faked a pout, but deep inside of her, she wasn't just scared— she was utterly terrified.

"Can we stop for a sec?" Chat whispered. "I need to tell you something."

"We don't have time, Chat. You don't have time," she replied. Her breathing heavy, and anxious adrenaline rushed out of her.

"Please, Princess?" Chat tried to open his green eyes a bit more to plead her to stop. 

She sighed, "Okay... But make it quick!"

Ladybug laid him down on the sidewalk a couple of feet away from the city hall. Chat coughed up a dash of blood that trickled down his cheek. She started to panic again, and started to pick him up, but he motioned her to settle down.

She thought that this was just all a nightmare, a horrible dream wherein she could just blink and all of his wounds would disappear. She would wake up in her bed in sweat and tears, but it was all real. No matter how she shook her head off, the reality didn't disappear. Chat's wounded torso still pierced into her eyes. She felt helpless, so hopeless... She wished it was all just a dream, but it wasn't.  

"My... my lady," he said with a slight smile. "Have I ever told you turn my world upside down?"

"Chat, we don't have time for your Cheshire charm," Ladybug groaned, hiding the blush in her cheeks. "We need to take you to the hospital."

"Just a moment, ma chérie," he said, gazing into her eyes for the last time.

"I know you don't love me as much as I do," Chat spoke out. "But I just want to say... for the last time... that I truly, undeniably, eternally love you. So much, my love. So, so, so much that it hurts far more than this measly wound when you don't say it back."

Her breath hitched because she knew that even though he was dying, she still could never love him the same way he loved her. Her heart was bound to someone else, even if that person wasn't bound to hers.

"Don't say that, Chat," was all she thought to say. "You'll be alright. You're going to be fine. You have to live. I can't do this without you. Paris needs you, too." She needs him, too.

Chat Noir looked up to the dimming sky, breathing deeply and said, "Don't worry, princess. I have a feeling that one day... in another time... in another place. We'll surely meet again."

And with that, the brave hero of Paris breathed his last, and all Ladybug could do was to hold him tight in her arms, softly crying. When she thought she couldn't cry anymore, a bright green light flashed over his body, and a pale, lifeless body of a bloodied Adrien was left behind.

The rain poured hard, and her loud heartbroken wails echoed in the streets of Paris.

Don't worry, Princess. We'll meet again

okay goodbye i'm off to reblog praisedrien a couple more times to make up for this sin that i have put here. i have to submerge myself in tears, too. mk bye

 mk bye