[ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴜɴᴢᴇʟ] Hey Daydreamer

"Was it really beautiful, Jack? Please do tell me more!" Rapunzel tugged on my sweater the moment I stepped on the large windowsill of her tower. I had recently gone off to this beautiful parade of bright lights across the other side of the kingdom where she lived.

"Beyond amazing, Goldie," I breathed out and stepped inside. She closely tailed me behind my back — her silken gold hair trailing behind her at her toes. I looked up at her walls, and it seems like she had a lot of painting done when I was away. She was getting taller, as she could reach even more of the walls than the last time I visited.

Rapunzel pulled me into a chair, and she hastily sat down on the floor amongst her hair — her hands cupping her cheeks as she said, "What happened? What were the lights made of? Did you see them fade into the clouds?"

"I was a tad late, but the entire island of the castle was filled with glowing lights everywhere," I said, trying to reminisce the vision last night, wishing Rapunzel could see it through my eyes. "I was too far away to see what they were made of. I was afraid some children were going to see me, and they might alert their parents of a ghost."

"You're so lucky, Jack," her green eyes dropped on the floor, along with her entire expression. "I've always dreamed of the world outside my tower. Mother never lets me out, but she can't stop me from dreaming. I wish I was more like you"

I have always felt sad for my little friend. She was locked away from the beautiful world that not even half of what she sees past her window could compare to the entirety of it. She longed to see the world right in front of her eyes, and I would give everything to fulfill her every daydream.

"Hey, Daydreamer," I asked her with a smile. "Wanna fly away with me for tonight?"

Atop a Chinese roof, I laid Rapunzel on her tiny toes to watch fireworks and dragon kites.

"Well, since those bright lights in the kingdom only come out once every year, I thought I'd take you to something similar," I said. "Also, happy birthday, Goldie."

"Thank you, Jack!" She suddenly gave me the warmest hug, and her eyes drifted to the color-splattered eastern night sky. Her green eyes soon took different colors from the lights — shifting to specks of red and yellow, and it's even as if a dash of white glitter was speckled across her face.

I thought the different places of the world I've been to were already beautiful, but I was so dead wrong. The most beautiful thing in the world was right in front of me — not the fireworks, not the lights, but this girl and her daydreaming eyes.

i know i don't ship it, but i just thought of a very nice plot, and only jackunzel was fitted for it. AND I'M LOWKEY APPRECIATING THIS SHIP like very tiny. just okay with it.

 just okay with it