[ᴢᴇʟᴅᴀ ᴀᴜ] Between Us

❝A sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ʙᴏʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ﹐ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ﹐ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.❞

There was so little that Aidan knew about the Twilight Realm, the dark parallel universe of the Light Realm, otherwise known as the Kingdom of Hyrule. For centuries, there has never been a sliver of news about the Twilis — the inhabitants of the Twilight Realm —of the in the world of light. Some people claim the creatures were dark, ruthless people, whose customs and traditions were the absolute opposite of their prosperous kingdom. More so, Aidan grew very curious about the other world, and the more he heard about the Twilight Realm, the more he found himself waiting in front of the Mirror of Twilight.

The Mirror of Twilight itself was a mysterious ancient relic from the gods. It was more than just a mirror, for it was actually a portal to the other side. No one dared to ever cross the boundary, as numerous stories were told about what happened to Hylians when they would cross over to the dark realm. Some say their bodies would vanish, and all that would be left of them are their light spirits. Others would speculate that Hylians in the Twilight Realm would soon turn to gray and have bloodshed eyes because the realm was first used as a prison for the black magic tribes of the ancient kingdom. They assumed that through these shadowfolk, a new kingdom arose beyond the dark mirror— the kingdom of Twilight. 

It was true that a new civilization branched out from the banished tribes, which in return gave Laia a spark of inquisitiveness for the Light Realm beyond her side of the mirror

It was true that a new civilization branched out from the banished tribes, which in return gave Laia a spark of inquisitiveness for the Light Realm beyond her side of the mirror. Stories about the Light Realm were just as misinterpreted as the stories of the Twilight Realm. Laia heard about a blinding celestial body in the other realm that would emit heat and light relentlessly upon the land. Being a Twili, the only source of light in her world was the Sol, a glowing blue relic that sat atop the castle. The people would then light their sticks with the blue light, and that was all they had as a glow. She wondered about the other world, about how different could it be to the world that she knew of. She wondered about the people there, and if the world of light was as parallel to the dark world, then there must be someone who was just like her, too.

It was very early in the morning for Aidan to be in the Gerudo Desert that day. As the son of a merchant in Castle Town, he was mostly asked to deliver various items to all over the kingdom. At the burst of the sun, he brought his horse to the sand dunes to deliver gems and accessories from the town. He always liked it whenever he was tasked to deliver something in the desert, for he knew that it was the perfect opportunity to take a side trip to the Mirror Chamber where the Mirror of Twilight lay.

After his delivery, the boy slid through the abandoned sand shrine— every puzzle and every booby-trap memorized at the back of his head. It took him a very long time to get the dungeon mastered, but as soon as he did, he felt a sense of accomplishment that nobody else dared to attempt. About an hour or so later, he was in the grand courtyard of the shrine, and the dark, glistening mirror was just right in front of his eyes.