Chapter 7

"Lets go. We don't want to be late," says Kairi. He seems a bit better than earlier, but I'm not sure. I nod and we walk out the door, side by side. Kairi still leads since I still don't know my way around yet. Usually I trail behind, but after bumping into him three times I decide this is better in a crowded hall. Tia sits on my shoulder and I start to wonder.

"Kairi?" I call. He slows a little, Musashi is floating alongside him. Kairi turns to look at me.

"Yes Mariana-san?" He questions. I look around quickly.

"Do the others not see... Them?" I ask cautiously. I motion my head to Musashi. Kairi takes a quick glance in his direction. He doesn't need to take much time to answer.

"Only those who's hearts eggs are... Found, or have already hatched can see Guardian Charas. Also, small children like Amu's sister can sometimes see them. We assume it's because they don't know what they want to do yet. Therefor they can see charas," he explains. I nod and we continue to walk. It seems rather peaceful right now, but of course I speak to soon.

Ran speeds towards us. A look of worry and determination etched on her face. She stops just in front of us.

"Kairi! Musashi! Tia! Mari! An X chara has showed up! We have to hurry!" She rushes. Kairi merely nods before running down the hall. It takes me a second, but I run after him. Tia swims ahead a little, her tail moving furiously. I recall the information I've been given on 'X charas'. They are the hatched abandoned hearts eggs.

We emerge from the school sooner than I thought possible. Ran leads the way out onto the field and to another section of the school. A basketball court resides here. I look to the bench and see a young girl sitting there. Her eyes look dull and hopeless.

"Chara Nari! Amulet Spade!" I hear Amu shout. I look up to see Amu with her hair under a large blue hat with a spade on the side. Her entire outfit is blue. Her blouse has ruffles in the front. The sleeves start a little bit down her shoulder, attached by strings. She has dark blue shorts that reach around mid-thigh. Straps reach from under neath and hold up striped blue and white leggings. She wears brown shoes and a bow is on the back of her blouse.

"Tadase! Help me corner it!" She cries.

"Chara Nari! Platinum Royale!" Shouts Tadase. He is wearing a cream colored outfit. The front of his shirt is near covered in ruffles. The shoulders are a little puffed, but they go normal before opening and showing more ruffles at the bottom. He wears a cape that reaches down just above his knees. His pants reach the knees and have a ruffled trim. He wears white leggings underneath. On his head is a small crown with purple velvet. He also holds a scepter in his hand.

He moves forward and runs after something. It looks like some sort of chara, but it's black with white eyes and a giant X on it's forehead. It smiles in a creepy, menacing way that sends chills down my spine. This must be an X Character. It shoots out little black explosive things before floating off.

"Kings crown!" Tadase yells after jumping in front of Amu. A large golden crown emanates from his scepter, absorbing the explosive shots. Amu nods a quick thanks and goes after it, followed by Tadase and Ran. Kairi turns to me quickly.

"You need to stay here and make sure nothing happens to Gohora-san, I'm going with Amu and Tadase," he orders. I blink in surprise. I assume he was talking about the girl on the bench.

"Wait! What am I supposed to do? Maybe I could help! I have no clue what to do here on my own!" I protest. I see him hesitate before rebuilding his resolve.

"You are better off here than near the X chara right now," he finishes sternly. With that he turns and runs off after Tadase and Amu. I stare after him, willing him to come back. When he rounds a corner and out of my sight, I huff in defeat. I turn to the girl. Her hair is up in a ponytail and shes wearing very sporty shorts and top with white running shoes. I sit down on the bench beside her.