Chapter One- Niall Horan

Riiiiiingggg!!!

"Mmph!" I clumsily fell out of bed. Alarm clock, you're a monster!

"Zia!" My mother called from below. I don't know if I should feel happy or grumpy that it's the first day of senior high.

I'm Ziandra, by the way. I live in Los Angeles. The school I went to, by the way, was called Beverly High Academy. Coming from the bloodline of Haverfords and Cambridges, I'm proud to say what a great deal at our school I've become. An editor of the school paper, consistent top on the honor list and aspiring valedictorian. Universities from all over are fighting over me. But I've already set my eyes on only one school: NYU.

I rushed downstairs to see my dad in his usual spot reading the paper, my mom making pancakes and my brother eating a bag of Ruffles this early in the morning. I greeted my parents good morning before taking my seat beside my brother, Zach. "Morning sis." He greeted and I greeted back, "Good morning, captain." I've been calling him that since he got into football when he was about ten. Dad got him into it. And he became quarterback when he was a senior in my school. Me and Zach have an age gap of four years. I know siblings who are of opposite gender don't get along that much, but me and Zach are really tight.

After eating, I left my plate on the sink and got to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and went to see what clothes to wear. The first day of school is always a fashion statement. If you dress horribly, you'll be judged for the whole year. I wore my white dress, which was just up to my knees so it was okay. I also wore my white pumps and a white cardigan. I don't know, but I guess white is just my style today. Damn, I looked good -at least I thought so. I ran down and said my goodbyes to my parents. I got in my car with my brother. I drove my brother to his school and dropped him off then I drove to my school.

I owned a black Porsche which I got for my 17th birthday. We weren't rich -at least not millionaires. We just had more than enough to pay the bills. My dad is a lawyer and my mom is a retired CEO at a bank. My brother studies law and aims to top his class. 

Upon getting to school, I parked my car and got out. I saw someone waving at me: my best friend Madeleine. "Hey Madz!" I greeted then enclosed her in a hug. "Hi Zia!" Pulling away from each other, we continued to talk while getting in the building.

"So which class are you having first, Zia?" My bestfriend asked, peeking at my schedule. "It says here, I'll have Arts first." Looking a bit disappointed, she responded, "Oh, I'll have Music.", and gave me a half smile.  "Alright, see you later!" I said, walking away. "Yeah, you too!"

We both headed to our classes. I guess I was a tad too early because the classroom was still closed. I checked my watch and saw it was just 7:45. I had 15 more minutes! Guess I'll just have to wait here.

 A few moments later, a guy with an Irish accent came up to me and said "Hey babe, you lost?" He asked and winked at me. "No! And don't call me that." Hearing that word, brings back a lot of memories. Memories that I wouldn't like to remember. "Call you what? Babe?" He asked as if confused to why I deny that he call me that. "Yeah that."

"Sure. I'm Niall Horan. You?" He introduced himself.