Chapter Five- Date or Best Friend?

Hi babes! Slow internet and wi-fi connection. It sucks. I wish I could post faster. "-_-... Ugh. Of all the things in the world... Anyway...Keep reading...

-Faye

 Ziandra's P.O.V.

I don't know why, but I can't help but smile today. Was it something I ate? I couldn't be any happier if I hadn't spend the afternoon with these two guys. I feel somewhat...excited. Remembering that today is my date with Niall.

The two of us hadn't cleared some things out yet. But we'll see after this date.

"Come down Zia!" My brother called from downstairs. "What is it Zach?" I asked, noticing the bag he was holding. "I borrowed a dress from my girlfriend. I know it fits you." He showed me a black dress with sparkling designs on it. Just gorgeous!

"Thanks Zach." I ran upstairs with the dress and tried it on. It fit perfectly. I put on black heels and applied make up. I also put on my black coat. I grabbed my handbag and ran downstairs. This is the same outfit I'd be using later on since it would just be a waste of time if I had to change again when I got home. My make-up stays the same until the end of the day anyway. And we don't have PhysEd today since coach is readying up the football team, thank God. "What do you think, Zach?" He smiled whole-heartedly. "You're pretty little sis. Go knock his socks off."

"Thanks big bro."

I got into my car and drove to school. Zach didn't ride with me because he was taking his own car. I parked my car as I got to the school. Gabe saw me and helped me carry my books. "Well, look at who dressed up. So your parents gave permission?" I nodded. "Yeah." He gave me a bear hug -which I always love. "I know you'll do great, love."

"Thanks Gabe."

Arts class came up.

Niall was staring at me as usual. "Mr.Horan!" Our teacher shouted which caught my attention. "Y-Yes?" Niall looked at our teacher. "Will you please stop wheering at Miss Haverford? Pay attention now." I blushed with what our teacher had said. Niall then smirked at me.

We heard all the awes from our classmates and Niall looked at me.

Lunch time came and I got to the cafeteria and as usual, took my seat beside Gabe. I'll leave Madz with her boyfriend for now.

Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of aliens.

"What's wrong Gabe?" I said quietly. Gabe said nothing. He started balling his palms into fists. What's wrong? He was his jolly, good-natured self this morning. There are only to reasons on why he would ball his fists; one is that he's mad and the other is when something about Lorilei happens. Please don't tell me he and Lorilei are fighting again.

 "Ughh, I can't take it anymore. Gabriel beat the crap out of his girlfriend during the first period." William finally spoke up. "What?!" I couldn't contain the shock on my face. Everyone knew Gabe as a bad boy but he was really sweet and wouldn't even hurt a fly. The only time I'd seen him get this mad to the point of beating up someone was in two years ago. "Why did you beat her up? I mean you love Lorilei right?"

"Well...That's what she got for giving her virginity to this guy named Tyler. He's another one of those gang leaders in the high school down town. Lowlife scumbag. Juvenile delinquent. Underground fighter." Sounds kinda scary -scratch that, Gabe is probably number one on his murder list. "Well Gabe, I'm gonna drop you off at your home to make sure your safe. No excuses this time."

"But your date...with Niall." Sh*t, forgot about that and yet I was excited this morning. But this is different. My bestfriend's life is at stake right now and I'm worried about him. "Uhmm...Fine. Use my car then return it tomorrow." I really don't want to picture him walking home alone and being beat up by this guy's gang. "No. I'm fine going home alone." He insisted. I really couldn't argue with him on this one, could I?

"Well, okay. But if you don't show up tomorrow or even call or text me, I'm filing a missing report." Gabe chuckled. "All right. You have my word." We ate our lunches silently. We didn't really mind all the people looking at us.

-

-

-

-

-

The day passed by, I said my goodbyes to Gabe and had him turn on his GPS so I could track him. That's us, we're over-protective of each other.

Niall picked me up from my home at 7 and we drove away. The wind brushed through my hair as I looked at the window while Niall drove. He owned a green Chevy.

"Damn. I don't remember the last time I came into the city at night." I said, remembering all the fireworks when we came here last New Year. "Well, you're here." Both of us chuckled. "So where to?" He asked, his tummy grumbling so I thought of a place we could eat in. "Porta Via."

"Nice. I haven't had any Italian food in ages."

"Well I guess I read your mind."

A few minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant and a waiter escorted us in. "Table for two?" He asked. "Yes please." A young man led us to our table. "Here you go." He gave us our menus. I ordered a lasagna with garlic bread and Niall had a spaghetti with meatballs. We both had a bottle of champaigne. After eating, we headed to the mall to do a little window shopping.

Niall's P.O.V.

We got to the mall and Zia got excited over something. "Cool! They have Seiko watches here?! I've been wanting to get one!" I checked to see the price -looks like I've got more than enough money to cover it up. "You want one?" I asked but she hesitated. "No way Niall! Their watches are like so expensive." She exclaimed. "No. I think I have enough dough here."

She stayed silent for a while.

"Well if you insist. I'll take this one." She pointed out what appeared to be a sparkling gold watch. I paid at the counter. She pulled me into a hug. "Thank you." Seriously, I've never hugged a girl who wasn't any of my relatives. Not even my past girlfriends.

"Hey Zia." I called. "What?" She looked me in the eye. "I have a deal for you. I won't give you this watch unless..." I paused. "Unless what?" She asked, slightly nervous. "Unless I get a kiss." I am oh so smart. And I remember what I promised Gabriel. I promised him she'd be happy and that she'd forget about the incident -whatever it was- as long as he'd accept that I'd date her. "A kiss? You can't be serious Niall. In front of many people?"

"Do it and this watch is yours."

"Fine." She said and took a deep breath. "For Seiko!"

 She raised her heels up to reach my lips. It took her a few good seconds but she finally kissed me and I could tell, the kiss was real. "For a second there, I thought you didn't have the guts and this watch was going to be mine." I sarcastically stated. "Well... I'm a lot stronger." I put the watch around her wrist and gave her a smile. "Man, I thought the watch wasn't gonna fit your wrist." I joked. "Did you just call me fat?"

"Uhh...no."

"Yeah you did."

I just kept silent. "Hey, we still have an hour. Where do you want to go?" I asked her. I didn't want it to end yet. "I know. We could go to the park. Let's just lay down there, star-gazing. I brought a mat." "Good idea." I drove to the park, the air was fresh and clean.

We sat down there, gazing at those beautiful balls of gases, just shining in the endless sky.