Chapter 3

"What?" Della looked at Fitz and Sophie innocently.
"Mom! We aren't married... We're not dating..." Fitz sputtered, blushing deeply.
"Well, you are each other's number ones, so you might as well think about this kind of stuff."
Keefe smirked, and Biana started giggling. Dex just stood there awkwardly.
Sophie's blush was almost as bad as Fitz's.
"You know, maybe I should head home, Grady and Edaline will want me home for dinner." Sophie said, breaking the silence.
"Okay... Well, will I see you soon?" Fitz asked.
"Yeah... Soon." Sophie smiled.
Della clasped her hands and sighed.
"Oh, you two are the cutest."
"Yeah... I'm gonna go." Sophie held up her home crystal and leaped back to Havenfield.
Edaline was waiting when she got there. "So, who'd you get?" She squealed.
"Well, my number one is Fitz." Sophie could feel her cheeks starting to turn pink.
"Aw, Sophie! Yay! I saw that one coming though. You two will be perfect!" Edaline hugged Sophie.
Sophie thought about Fitz's teal eyes and gorgeous smile.
Maybe they would be perfect together.
* * * * * *
The next afternoon, Sophie was in her room, playing with Iggy, when Biana hailed her on her Imparter.
"Hey!" She squealed.
"Hi," Sophie said.
"So are you excited about your matchmaking scroll or what?" Biana smiled.
"Yeah, I actually am. Especially since I've had a tiny bit of a crush on him since he found me in the Forbidden Cities." Sophie smiled.
"The fact that he found you makes your relationship even more perfect. Plus, you two are Cognates, so it makes your bond nearly unbreakable."
Sophie and Fitz had officially become Cognates the year before. Sophie still thought it was amazing how well they worked together, and the things they could do because of their Cognate relationship.
"Yeah. So anyway... you and Keefe; huh?" Sophie grinned. Biana had had a long-time major crush on Keefe, so this must of been her dream come true.
"Yes! Oh my gosh, I'm just SO excited!! I can't believe it finally happened!" Biana was squealing and from what it looked like, she had started to jump up and down.
"Yeah, well you two will make a great couple too."
"Aw, thanks! So... Dex and Linh. I wonder what will happen between them." Biana wondered.
"Yeah, that will be an interesting match." Sophie said. It really would be interesting to see what happened between the two of them. They didn't really talk too much, so maybe this would bring them closer.
"Oh, and I forgot to tell you," Biana said, snapping Sophie out of her thoughts, "my brother is heading over. I think there was something he wanted to ask."
"Oh, really?" Sophie smiled. Maybe she could get something out of Biana.
"Yeah. I'm not going to say anything else though. He should be over soon though." Darn. Biana knew exactly what Sophie was trying to do.
Right on cue, Edaline yelled up to Sophie. "Sophie, Fitz is here to see you!"
"Well, I guess I better go! Talk soon okay?" Sophie asked.
"Awesome! See ya." Biana's face vanished from the tiny square, and Sophie hurried down the stairs, where Fitz was waiting in the doorway.
In his hand, he held a red rose.
"Hey, Fitz." Sophie smiled.
"Hey, I came to ask you a question."
"Oh? And what would that be?"
"Well, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go on a date next Saturday." Fitz asked nervously.
"Yeah, that sounds great!"
Fitz visibly relaxed. "Cool! Remember to dress fancy. Oh, this is for you." He held out the rose.
"Thanks! That was so sweet of you."
"You're very welcome. So, I'll see you next Saturday."
"Definitely."
Fitz pulled out his home crystal. "Bye, I guess." He flashed a smile before disappearing into the beam of light from his crystal.
Sophie closed the door behind him.
She and Fitz were going on a date!