Chapter 16

"Are you ready, Sophie?" Grady asked, holding out his arm.
"I think so." Sophie took a deep breath, and as the music started to play, took her first step down the aisle.
As she walked, she came into view of Fitz, and the rest of the bridal party, lined up on both sides.
As Fitz turned his head towards Sophie, time seemed to slow down. His eyes widened and he smiled.

You look absolutely stunning.
Fitz transmitted.

Thank you! You look great too.
Sophie transmitted back.

Grady and Sophie reached the alter, where Sophie went to stand by Fitz.

"Now for the vows. Fitz, you may go first." The man marrying them said.

"Okay. Sophie Foster. We have been through so much together, and I never dreamed that I'd get to stand here and say these words to you. It's the most amazing feeling in the world to know that I'm marrying you. I've loved you since the day we met and I'll continue to love you for the rest of our lives together." Fitz said, squeezing Sophie's hand.
"Sophie, you may go."
"Fitz, ever since we met that day six years ago in the museum, I knew you were the one I wanted to be with. We've had our ups and downs, but all through that, my feelings for you stayed. I love you, Fitz." Sophie finished her speech.

The two exchanged rings, and listened as the final words were said.
"Fitz, you may kiss your bride."
Everyone clapped as the two leaned in, and then the wedding was over.
"Are you ready for our honeymoon?" Fitz asked, holding out his arm.
"Of course I am." And together, they walked towards a new part of their story, one step at a time.

____
Hey guys! Sorry this is so short, and I took so long to update! I promise I won't do that again 😬
Anyway, I'm thinking maybe one or two more chapters and then I'll be done! Thanks for all the reads and votes for this story!
~irishdancewriter