Chapter 4: Saved by the Static

Lithia slowly opened her eyes to a beige ceiling with a dark brown fan swinging its blades, releasing cool air upon her. She sat up and held a hand to her head, she saw that she was sitting on a jade green couch.

Looking to her right there was a semi-wide flat screen door that had a pool and a couple of fruit trees. The sound of smooth jazz was coming from the direction of what seemed like the kitchen. The walls were also jade green as she continued to look around the house.

The furniture and the walls were empty, no framed pictures were anywhere. Lithia could interpret two things from these surroundings. Either: A. This person had such a traumatic life that the pictures they kept they were afraid to hang up or B. They had no memories to frame.

She honestly didn't care either way, she's just wondering where the hell she is and why she was there.

Her chest developed an itch, when she went to scratch it, it wasn't her usual smooth skin all the way through. There seemed to be a break between it. She looked to see a part of her chest had been patched up and she was wearing a grossly colored light green robe. She felt a little warm so she took it off.

Footsteps were coming from upstairs, green shoes were coming down, then jade green socks up to the knees, then a jade green skirt...

Lithia knew who it was.

"Sup toots?" she said.

"Oh good you're up." Willow sighed. "And will you stop calling me 'toots'? It's rather annoying."

"Sure, whatever your say." Lithia scoffed. "Say I'm feelin' kinda gross, mind if I use your shower?"

"Oh no I don't mind." Willow said. "Upstairs hang a right in case you forgot."

"Cool." Lithia said as she got up from the couch and headed for the stairs.

"Lithia will you please put the robe that I gave you back on?" Willow groaned.

"No." Lithia said. "I may put it back on after my shower though."

She went back and grabbed the robe then ran upstairs, pushing past Willow with her naked body.

Well...she sure does have a cute butt...

Willow shook the thoughts out of her head. She sat down on the couch with her hands over her face. She could feel it getting warm.

"Hey Red! Is it safe to take this bandage off?" Lithia called from upstairs.

"No. If you took it off and took a shower, no matter what the temperature, it would sting quite badly." Willow called back.

"Oh alright." Lithia said.

"Your clothes will be outside the door when you come out!" Willow exclaimed.

Time slinked on, Lithia finally came downstairs fully clothed to see Willow watching television. She couldn't make out the show, but she didn't care. At the moment, she just wanted to give her a good scare.

She floated down the rest of the steps and ducked down, tiptoeing towards behind the couch.

Willow was completely preoccupied with the television.

Excellent...

Lithia slowly peeked her head up from behind the couch to make sure she was. She sunk down, waited a few seconds, then popped back up, letting out a loud hiss.

Willow let out a squeak and socked Lithia right in the jaw.

"What was that for?!" Willow blurted.