Chapter 10: Research and Allies

Johnny was getting his uniform for Math Camp ready when his aunt called.

"Johnny! You have visitors sweetie!"

Visitors...?

He came out of his room and walked down the hall to the front door. He opened it to see three slayers, all he had seen before.

"What do you guys want? Eren kicked me out remember? I don't want to go back." he hissed.

"We're not here to bring you back, we're just here to talk." said one of them.

Johnny thought for a moment before finally saying "Come in".

The three slayers walked in the house.

"So these are your friends?" his aunt asked.

"They're my acquaintances." he replied.

"With all due respect ma'am, the three of us would like to speak to your nephew in private in his room."

"Uh...sure." his aunt said. "Go ahead."

Johnny led them to his room and closed the door. He sat on his bed while the slayers sat on a swivel chair, a beanbag chair, and on the floor.

"So if you guys aren't here to bring me back into the program, what are you all here for?"

"Before we answer that, allow me to introduce us. I'm Annie and the two sitting in the swivel chair and beanbag chair are Terrence and Connie." said one with blonde hair.

"Oh I know you Annie, I just didn't know your tagalongs." said Johnny.

"Okay, the answer to your question. The reason why we're here is because we wanted to know more about what bit you." Terrence said.

"You said that you didn't see the vamp until it scratched you right?" Connie asked. "And who you callin' 'tagalongs'?!"

"Right and sorry." Johnny said.

"I've been doing some research after you mentioned it bit after you were kicked out." said Annie as she pulled out a laptop from a bag she brought with her. "Turns out you were scratched by a Memory Drinking vampire."

"A WHAT?!" Johnny blurted.

"A Memory Drinking vampire does what it's named." Terrence added. "It drinks memories from people."

Johnny's thoughts flashed to Willow and the altercation they got into last night.

"Memories! Wh-what kind of memories?"

"Well, like a regular blood drinking vampire, what a Memory Drinker drinks depends on what they're craving." Terrence continued. "Sometimes good memories, sometimes bad, sometimes important ones..."

"Oooo I hate when they do that!" exclaimed Connie. "I hear that once they suck up the memories they want, they immediately find a place to hide."

"Ah yes, their speed really helps with their stealth." Annie said.

"Do they kill like regular vampires?" Johnny asked.

"Not all vampires kill Johnathan." Annie said in a scarily, stern way.

His, Connie's and Terrence's eyes widened.

"That's just a stereotype to further motivate the slayers to mercilessly kill the semi-innocent creatures." she continued. "But yes, some can kill."

An uncomfortable silence fell over the room for several minutes.

"We want to work with you." Terrence finally spoke.

"What?" Johnny blurted.

"We're on your side!" Connie exclaimed happily.

"Wha-really? Aren't you guys going to get caught by the slayers if they found out you're working with an ex-slayer?"

"That's why we're entrusting you with this, so you don't tell anyone." Annie said.

"You aren't gonna squeal right?" Connie asked.

"Right..." Johnny dragged with his answer.

"Good. Because we believe this vampire Eren's after is innocent." said Terrence.