Chapter 13: A Proposal?

The weekly book club meeting that Willow attended was a snorefest this week. The club members were going over the Dusk series. The conversation started out serious but then turned into a petty argument about why all the werewolves were perceived as attractive and how the series gave vampires a bad name and image. This went on for several minutes. Nobody realized that the meeting was over until a second bell rang.

Willow sluggishly walked out from the building, stretching and letting out a yawn as she did. She expected a semi-pleasant walk home, instead she was tripped and pulled into a bush.

She tried to call out for help but her mouth was covered before she could utter a sound.

"Red relax, it's me!" whispered someone.

Willow elbowed the someone in the chest and turned around.

"Lithia?" she hissed before letting out an aggravated sigh into her hands. "Can you just wait on someone like a regular being instead of attacking them?!"

"Need I remind you Red that I'm not a regular being." Lithia hissed back as she rubbed her chest.

"But that's no excuse to scare the living daylights out of me!" Willow hissed back. "Now what do you want?"

"Put this over your eyes." Lithia said as she was holding a piece of cloth in her hand.

"Sometimes I wonder why I trust you." Willow said as she took the cloth and tied it over her eyes. "What are you up to?"

"You'll see when we get there." Lithia said as she took her hand.

She guided her to a car. It was a red corvette with its shiny coat, sparking rims, and topless ability. She helped Willow into it and hopped in after. She pulled out keys from her pocket, stuck it in the ignition, and turned it on.

She buckled hers and Willow's seatbelts and slammed her foot on the acceleration. The car zoomed from the bushes the two were formerly hiding at and went straight for the road. To their left besides a border that kept them from going over the edge, ocean waves splashed along the shore, the fresh smell wandered into Willow's nostrils.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"You can take off the blindfold but only for a little bit." Lithia replied.

Willow removed it from her face, Lithia pressed a button triggering the roof to go down. Willow had her hands over her mouth and widened eyes in amazement when she looked to her left.

How the ocean shined a dark blue as the waves moved in a steady rhythm, how the moonlight gently reflected off of its surface, giving it its heavenly glow. In the distance, she could see a rocky looking land, a light shined and faded at a constant pace. In the distance, was a lighthouse.

"Wow..." Willow uttered.

"And it only gets better from here. Put the blindfold back on, we're almost there." Lithia said with a smile.

Willow put it back over her eyes, now excited for what was in store for whenever they got to their destination.

The car arrived near a hill. Lithia pressed a button triggering the roof back on the car. She unbuckled hers and Willow's seatbelts and hopped out of the car and closed the door. She ran around to the other side and opened Willow's door. She took her by the hand as she got out and closed the door. Lithia locked the car and guided Willow up the hill.

"Where are we now?" she asked.

"You'll see when we get there." Lithia chuckled.

Finally reaching the top, the two came to a stop.