Chapter 20: Mort

Willow slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a bed. She held her hands over her stomach and let out a loud belch. She sat up and groaned.

"Oh you're up!" Connie said happily. "So how do ya feel?"

"A little woozy but I think I'll be fine." Willow said. "Where am I? What happened?"

"You're in a hospital bed." Annie said bluntly.

"Whoa whoa don't stress yourself." said Terrence. "But let's just say you lost control for a moment. But everything's back to normal."

"Here, have some soup." Connie said, giving her a bowl, chicken noodle flavor.

"Thank you." Willow said, taking it along with a spoon. "But why are you guys being so nice to me? Aren't you all slayers?"

"Well yeah, but we aren't assholes like Eren." Connie said.

Willow smiled and shook her head.

"Where is he anyway?" she asked.

"Getting healed up in another room." Terrence replied.

"What about Johnny?"

"He's with Zack." Annie replied while leaning against a wall. "Supposedly he's helping him let off some steam."

Willow came to a realization.

"WHERE'S LITHIA?!" she blurted.

"Her corpse is still laying out in that other room, but it's covered up." Annie said.

"WHAT?! HOW LONG WAS I OUT?" Willow blurted.

"Only for a few hours, chill." said Connie with her hands raised to her chest.

"Yeah Willow, we're really gonna need you to calm down." said Terrence.

Willow took a few deep breaths and glanced at her soup.

"I remember feeling unwell, worse than I do now...I felt...angry...homicidal almost...then everything went black..."

"You have no idea..."Connie mumbled.

Terrence elbowed her in the arm.

"I don't know I just..." Willow said into her hands. "Can I just...see Lithia? Please?"

"But Willow you need to rest." Connie said.

"I don't care! Just let me see her!" Willow shouted.

Looks of concern fell over Connie and Terrence. They looked to Annie for any backup. She nodded.

"Okay...we'll let you go." Connie said. "But be careful okay?"

Willow lightly nodded and got up from her bed. She walked aimlessly to the room where Lithia lays.

The room where Eren got his revenge, where Willow lost control, where the battle between the two took place...

Willow walked to Lithia's body cautiously. She didn't know why she did, must be force of habit.

Eventually reaching it, she knelt down by it. Holding its hand, pressing it against her forehead. Silent tears flowed down her cheeks.

The three slayers watched Willow from the threshold. Connie and Terrence stepped inside, Annie held them back.

"Let her grieve, she seems to be all she has left." she said.

After a bit of crying, Willow picked up the body.

"Excuse me, is there any place where I can bury her?" she asked the three.