Chapter 5: Introduction

Meanwhile at the Slayers of Lateralvilla Headquarters, things were heating up between Zack and Eren.

"That party idea was completely over the line!" Zack yelled. "Putting nearly hundreds of peoples' lives at stake!"

"I did what I had to do, it was YOU who decided to NOT follow orders and examine the body of that slayer!" Eren exclaimed as he sat up at his desk.

"But to put the new recruits in social gathering missions just so you could get your hands on ONE vampire is completely ridiculous!" Zack continued. "I mean, do you NOT consider other peoples' lives in this?!"

"Oh I do," Eren said. "it's just their fault that they don't come prepared. That's why they are recruits."

"But it's your job to train them!" exclaimed Zack as he slammed a fist on Eren's desk.

-

Connie and Terrence were walking down the hall, getting to know each other when they stopped in front of Eren's office. The door was slightly cracked open, the two listened into the conversation.

"Maybe that's the way I train!" Eren shouted.

"Well to me, the way you train is sick!" Zack blurted. "Getting innocent people who barely know what they're getting into killed!"

"It's their fau-"

"IT'S NOBODY'S FAULT BUT YOURS!" Zack bellowed. "You're just like the slayers of the past...you're just like your father..."

One of Eren's eyes twitched.

"Get out of my office." Eren snarled. "In fact, I'm demoting you to a recruit."

"Oh you don't have to demote me," Zack said as he took off his jacket and threw it on Eren's desk. "because I quit."

He headed angrily towards the door that Connie and Terrence were peeking out of.

The two ran away from the door and hid beside a wall.

Zack burst through the door, about to head down the hall. He turned for a second for a thought of being watched, then headed off in the opposite direction.

-

"I heard everything." said a soft voice.

Eren raised his head from it being in his hands and turned around in his swivel chair.

"Jesus Christ Annie don't do that!" he said with a hand over his heart.

"You just don't care do you...?" she said, ignoring what he told her.

She walked out from the shadows.

"And all just for one..."

"I have to do what I have to do." Eren said through clenched teeth. "She deserves to DIE! To PAY for killing my father!"

"The fact that you've held this grudge for this long is surely pathetic, even for you." Annie said.

Connie and Terrence went back to the door and continued to peek.

"Why is it any of your concern?" Eren asked.

"Because I care about you for one, and for two the signs are blatantly obvious that you're still holding on."

He looked away.

"Have you ever taken into consideration that maybe it wasn't her? And that you're putting all these innocent peoples' lives at stake for nothing?" Annie continued.