Invited

So, my beginning of the school year is amazing so far, and now I'm invited to 2 things. I either go to a Hawks (Blackhawks) game with the team, or to go the fall dance, which my friends wanted me to."Hey Tyler, are you going to ask Emalee to go to the dance?" He has to take a minute to think of what I said,"No, I wasn't planing on doing that . I was going to go to the Blackhawks game with the team, because I already planned on doing that." "Oh, ok! Well maybe on of the guys on the team don't want to go, and you can invite her." "That's actually a pretty good idea, thanks." "Just want to make my friends happy!" I don't know if I want to go to the Hawks game, or be with my friends. I really, really, really want to go to the Hawks game. Maybe my friends will decide not to go, then I'll be able to go to the game. Hopefully."Hey are you girls going to the dance?" I asked at lunch,"Um, I think Kayla, my sister, and I are going." Johanna said,"I can't go, my brother has hockey practice. He plays for another team, and league." Leilani said assuring me." Are you Cori?" Emalee asked. Now I could go with my team, but half of the girls were going to the dance were going, and half of them weren't. "I don't know yet. Are you?" I responded,"Nah, I don't feel like going." Yes! Now that she isn't going maybe Tyler will ask her. "I think I'm going to the Blackhawks game with the boys on my team." I said to the table. "Well that's great, take pictures for us." Leilani said. I hope Tyler asks Emalee. Maybe that will send her a sign. Later that day when went to social studies, I sat next to Patrick like always, but a new girl came to sit by me."Hi," she said,"Hie," I said,"Hey Courtney," Patrick said,"Oh hey," Courtney said back. I never saw her before." Just got a schedule change. That's why I'm here." She said. She was a cute girl, and everyone said 'hi' to her when she walked in. I assumed she was popular."How's Jamie," Patrick asked."Seriously Pat, seriously. I'm not dating Jamie." What?! Jamie was dating this girl Courtney? "Wait your dating Jamie?" "No I'm not. He has a crush on me. I like someone else." She said. Later in social studies, I found out that Courtney was really a funny, nice girl. All my friends seem that way. Which is what I want."Your Cori, right?" Courtney said before I left for my next class,"Yeah, it Cori," "K, got it." She winked at me, then left,"By Cori, see you at practice." Patrick said before he left. Seems like everybody leaves me. Anyway it's September now, and next month is when the Hawks game is. And I'm going.
                              *    *    *
I left my house, and walked to the bus stop. Good thing Tyler was there first, because now I can tell'm. "Hey Tyler!" I basically shouted to him."Yeah," "Guess what?" "What?" "Emalee's not going to the dance, so you should ask her today to go to the game!" "I don't know. The game isn't until like 2 weeks. What if I ask her now, and she says no at the last minute." I didn't think of that, but I knew she would stick to what she said the first time."She'll go no matter what. She loves hockey. Believe me." "Ok. I will. But you gotta help me." "How am I gonna do that?" Couldn't he just do it on his own. I mean literally, how am I going to help him. She'll think it was my idea, and that I just used him to ask her for me. Which is not true. He wants to ask her."No Tyler. Man up, and do it for yourself." "Ok, ok fine." I saw Emalee in the corner of my eye, coming to the bus stop. "Hey guys!" She said happily. "Yeah, hey Tyler..." I said nodding him on to tell her. "Oh!" Right!" He said stupidly. Wow. "Hey,uh Emalee, will you come to the Blackhawks game, that the team was planning to go to, in about...2 weeks? I've got an extra ticket. One boy didn't want to go. So will you come with the team, Cori, and I?" He said. Perfect! The way I wanted him to say it. I also kind of thought he would make a fool of himself. "I, uh...can I talk to Cori for a minute?" "Sure,"  Oh boy. What was she gonna say. "Cori. Is this a joke, or are you, and him, being serious?" "We're being serious, and it's not a date, if you were wondering." I didn't want her to know that Tyler liked her. "Ok. I didn't want it to be a date. But yeah I'll ask my mom." So we went back to Tyler,"Sure, maybe, I'll ask my mom. I should be able to go. Thank you for inviting me!" Emalee said excitedly. Tyler looked at me with a proud smile, and mouthed 'thank you'. I knew what he meant by that. Can't wait for the Hawks game!