Chapter 3: The dream

~Laughing Jack's Pov~
I gave (Y/N) a hug for a welcome home greeting. I looked at her and she looks like she seen a ghost. She can see me now. She was about to scream I can tell. I nuzzled her telling her it was alright and that I wasn't going to hurt her. She ran around me in rebellion. She doesn't trust me.
"G-get away from me," she cried, "I know what you do for a living." She must've somehow know about my past. "But I don't take children souls," I tried to explain to her, "I do nothing to them but >>BLEEP<< and >>BLEEP<< to them. Please. I'm innocent." She just looked at me like I was insane. "That is anything, BUT innocent." I sighed in frustration, "Will you just listen to me for a moment?"
She just turned away as if I wasn't there in the first place. I banged my head on the door. This friendship isn't off on a very good start.
~ Normal Pov~
The first time you saw Laughing Jack. Can't get any more disturbing can it? So much in your head. You plopped yourself on the couch in the living room. You started to fall asleep. You started to dream. You were outside of a black and red castle. You decided to go inside. As you went inside and take a look around, you started to hear a familiar song.
Won't you talk to me, it sang.
Don't walk or run away
I'm onto you
Yesterday with empty eyes
You started to sing along, I don't know where I'm going
In search for answers
I don't know who I'm fighting
I stand with empty eyes
You're like a ghost within me
Who's draining my life?
It's like my soul is see through
Right through my empty eyes
Just as the chorus ended, you ended up in what it looks like a throne room. "I see you have returned home, my daughter," said a voice. You turned to the voice. There sitting on one of two thrones stood a black and red demon king, "Come, Zandela, you shall soon be crowned as queen."
Just as were about to be seated, you were awakened by water dumped on to you. Laughing Jack had poured water on you to wake you up. "Jack, what the hell," You yelled at him, "I was dreaming, idiot." You were about to slap him for waking you waking you up at a wrong time.
"Keeping you safe," he answered.
"From what? An incubus?"
"No. There is a king where I'm from"
"Like I'll fall for that."
"I'm not lying. He's after you, and is searching for you in your dreams."
"Likely story. You just don't want me to sleep."
"Will you shut up and listen to me for once?"
"I can stop talking when I wanna stop talking."
"Oh my lord... Have you ever been taught ANY manners?"
"To be persisted, only table manners mostly"
"Then you need a new lesson."
"Like I'm ever going to learn from a stupid-"You were interrupted with black lips touching your lips. He let you go for a second, "I'm not stupid, you know." Then placed them back on your lips. You tried to push him away, but his grip was too strong.
Finally letting go of you for a moment of air, LJ smiled telling you, "Not my fault you're falling for someone like me." You gave him the strongest slap you could ever give to a guy, "You pervert!" You turned away from him, "I'm making supper. At least be happy you're getting something in that stomach of yours."
A while later, after frying up some meat, you feel LJ coming up behind you and hug you, "I'm... sorry for my behavior." There was a moment of silence, "Can we... start over?" You gave him an immediate no. It was just fight after fight between you two.
"Oh come on," LJ finally snapped," What is it going to take for me to get what I want?! For you to believe me?!" You put a sizzling hot pan to his swirly cone nose, "I WILL use this." Silence at first then a snicker came out of LJ's mouth.
"I'm faster than you," he said with a smirk. "I have faster reflexes," You told him. LJ looked at you in disbelief, "Prove it." You immediately swung the pan to his face. He instantly disappears in smoke making you miss. He reappears behind you, "I'm right here, cutie." You swung the pan around, as he disappears making you miss again. One the third attempt, you hear LJ chuckling as he got behind you again. You swung the pan around as he reappears. You made him take a sizzling hot pan to the groin.
LJ yelped in pain. "I told you," You exclaimed to him, "You just don't listen." LJ whimpered as he crouches over in pain. "Pft. Cry baby. There's some treatments in the bathroom. Go on and wash up." LJ got up and limbed his way out of the room
~Laughing Jack's pov~
Damn it. What a bitch. All I try to do is to impress her, then all I get from that is slaps and hot pans to my erection. How cruel can one girl be? Is there anything else that can possibly go wrong? I don't want to hurt her, but she doesn't believe me. Is it because I'm taking her in too lightly? Does she hate me of how I look? So many questions it's not even funny. As I started to wash up, something popped up in my head. I have an idea. "I know..." I said to myself. I start to smirk.