Pep-talk/Philosophy: Failure

Just because you believe that you are a failure doesn't mean that's true. Face it, we say a lot of things we don't mean and we say a lot of things we don't understand. What is a failure anyway? I'll tell you, a failure is somebody who gives up on themselves. When they are shot down they shut down, and quite frankly that isn't fair to anybody, especially not yourself. Just because you don't succeed in something that you wanted doesn't mean that you don't have potential, it just means: It isn't time yet. Sometimes when these things happen it means that there is something better waiting for you and if you don't believe that cliché line then that's fine, but it's overused for a reason.

           When you fall down, it may not be easy to stand up again, and when you do there will be dirt staining your clothes and scratches on your skin. It won't be easy to hide because it covers you completely, the inside, the outside, but all of that doesn't matter. Just because you think you are a failure doesn't mean it is true. It's hard to live up to the standards of other people and you can certainly try to be their best version of you, but do things for yourself. It isn't selfish to care about yourself and think about what's best for you. In the end, it is only you around you 24/7 so if you hate yourself and what you're doing you need to re-evaluate your priorities because there is so much to love. The way you draw, the feelings you get when you write, read your favourite book, and care for others. Yes, personality traits are something you can love about yourself too. You aren't a failure if you have unconditional love for animals and others, even if it isn't reciprocated sometimes. To get love you must give love and if you don't want love then that's fine too. Just love yourself and get that back in return. The world may seem complex but it is very simple. We live in a simplistic world and though you may not understand something it doesn't mean you are stupid. You may just not be good enough yet. There is nothing wrong with that. We must always strive to improve ourselves and then show everybody who shot us down that we have become better.

          It is difficult, everything is, but don't let that discourage you. Nobody said it was easy to begin with. How fun would if be if everything was handed to you on a silver platter? Not very, but then again, that is only my thoughts. The feeling of working hard and having it pay off is something that is indescribable. It is better than anything you can buy in a store, but again, that is only my thoughts. You are not a failure if you have different opinions than other people and don't be afraid to speak your mind, then again be sensitive to others. Everything comes in moderation. If you are feeling negative for most of the day, find one thing that makes you happy. The way the sun illuminates the roads and little dust devils swirl in the wind, or the sight of dogs walking in the park, or even passing by other people having fun. Just don't be envious of others. Believe it or not, some people may be jealous of you and it is hard to think about as true, but you never know what is going on in other peoples heads. You are not a failure if you don't meet the standards of others and you are not a failure to yourself if you let yourself down. Just try harder in the future, measure some self control and this can go in any aspect of life. A failure wouldn't be afraid to try again and challenge others to be the best that they can be.

      A failure is somebody who gives up on themselves and others, a lack of compassion for other living beings. Don't hate personality traits because it is difficult to understand. There is a reason people are like that, whether it be bossy, sarcastic, or annoying, but be patient and sympathetic. Though it is hard in some circumstances, patience is key. You may feel that nobody understands your position, but same towards them. While we all like to think it, the world doesn't revolve around us. Remember that. In the grand scheme of the universe, we are like small specks of sand. However, that doesn't mean that you are less important to the values of the world, it just means that you should consider what other people are feeling. Who knows, some other people who were in the same boat as you probably feels even more like a failure.

   You never know with these things and a failure is somebody who wouldn't understand that.