Chapter 3

Chapter three.

Misty and Gage. A personal mission request from lord death?

As Misty woke the next day, the sky above death city was dark grey with storm clouds. The thunder from the night before was long gone and the rain was falling making pattering noises against the window. Misty woke up around six and sat up stretching.

Misty looked down at her large bed to discover Gage sleeping soundly beside her. At first, she was shocked and confused, till she remembered the night before. There had been a brutal thunder storm the night before and Misty had been terrified. When Gage had heard her scream, he had rushed in, sitting with her trying to comfort her. In the end, Gage fell asleep in Misty's bed beside her. As Misty gazed down at him, her mood changed.

"Get out of my bed Gage!" Misty shouted.

She shoved Gage, making him fall out of bed. When Gage hit the ground, he sat up glaring at Misty.

"What the hell!?" Gage shouted as he stood up.

Before he could say anything else, Misty stood up and smiled at him.

"Good morning gage." She said.

Gage sighed. He knew Misty was bipolar and Gage had put up with it for three years. Misty's bipolar disorder was something he had never understood and often times it scared him, but he cared about Misty just the same and dealt with it. They had known each other for three years.

Misty and Gage had met on one fateful night. Three years ago, on Christmas eve. When they met, Misty and Gage knew that they could trust each other and they became partners that night.

As Gage was off in thought, Misty had begun to make breakfast. Even though it was Gage's turn to cook, Misty was in a good mood again so Gage just let her be. Misty hummed as moved about the kitchen.

At Ryuuki and Zan's house not much was going on. They had both woken up at their normal times and gotten ready for school. Ryuuki was in a rather good that morning. It wasn't raining yet and it wasn't to cold out side. Ryuuki thought it was a nice day, but she had always liked storms. Unlike Misty who had a phobia of thunder. The thunder and lighting last night was brutal poor. Misty must have been petrified.

As Ryuuki and Zan walked to school, the clouds above death city parted and revealed a beautiful blue sky. Zan was in a cold and rude mood. Ryuuki didn't want to bother him so she just stayed silent. As they approached the school Zan stopped her.

"Are you just gonna be silent the whole day?" He asked. His voice held inpatients.

Ryuuki sighed. "Well you are in a bad mood. I didn't want to upset you any more."

Zan rubbed his temple trying to relieve the head ache he felt coming.

"Listen Ryu... I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just trying to figure something out." Zan said gently.

Ryuuki had never heard such a gentle tone in Zan's voice. His brown eyes held some thing that Ryuuki couldn't seem to figure out what it was. Ryuuki gazed at Zan and stepped towards him.

"What is it Zan? Maybe I can help?" Ryuuki asked.

She wanted to help Zan. She hated seeing him this confused and lost.

Zan looked up at the burnet girl and sighed.

"I guess you could help. I need you to let me do some thing." Zan said as a smile danced onto his lips.

Zan pulled Ryuuki down an ally. At first, Ryuuki's beautiful brown eyes widened, then relaxed.

"Do wh-" Ryuuki words were cut off.