Chapter 4

Chapter 4. Misty. The mysterious disappearances?

The clattering of the train tracks rang through out the train. As the train sped down the rail at a blurring speed that left the world in a blur, Misty sat staring out the window. The train cars long walk way was lined with booths for passengers. The carpet was a soft black and white paisley and the seats were simple black fabric. This train was the DWMAs own personal express line. It was strictly for the meister's and weapons of the school. The train could get you anywhere in the world in a matter of hours.

The train was almost empty except for a few other passengers in different cars. Misty and Gage were in the rear car. Before they had left, they had received their mission from lord death.

"No way..." Gage had said.

Misty had been staring down at the paper, as if she had some how read it wrong. Gage was worried. Never had he seen such panic and pain in her eyes and it worried him a great deal.

"I... I can't believe I have to go back there... After ten years..." Misty had stuttered.

With a flare of anger, the paper in Misty's hands was crushed and incinerated. Gage was worried. What if going back there upsets her? What if she has a break down? Millions of questions ran through his head. He was snapped out of it by Misty storming past him.

"Gage. We are going." She states.

Gage opened his mouth to argue, but seeing the look of anger on Misty's face shut him right up. Now they were here. Sitting on a train to the northern hemisphere. To Canada.

The name of the town was Acton in the province of Ontario. Misty was gazing out the window, a calm composure befalling her. Gage sat beside her and was looking at her worriedly.

"You sure you can handle this Mist?" Gage asked.

Misty looked from the speeding scene to Gage. Her violet eyes were blank and seemed to hold no emotion. With a nod Misty stood. The train was pulling into the station.

As the train slowed, Misty seemed to get tense. Misty had her long black hair into a very messy bun on the back of her head. She wasn't dressed fancy, just in jeans and a baggy sweat shirt that had the words "death weapon meister academy" written across the back. Gage wasn't dressed up ether, just jeans and a jacket.

Once the train had made a complete stop, Misty and Gage got off the train. Misty looked around her watchful eyes scanning every inch of the plat form. Misty began to walk forwards and down the main street. Gage followed her cautiously. Each step misty made seemed robotic and forced. The slim side walk was washed with pale orange lights. The sky above was as black as Misty's raven hair.

The streets were lined with light posts that had hanging baskets on them. As Misty and Gage walked down the street, they passed a store called Sweet Molly's. There was a large white moose statue on front of the shop and the windows were dark. The farther Misty and Gage walked, the more misty tensed up.

"It hasn't changed one bit..." Misty whispered.

The lights were out in most of the stores and the streets were quiet. They came to an intersection and just then, a shrill, high pitched scream ripped through the quiet night. Immediately Misty and Gage tore off in the direction of the voice. Each step that hit the ground, Misty and Gage were speeding towards the edge of town. As they rounded a corner they skid to a stop. Standing in the shadows was a man holding a young child.

"Let her go!" Misty demanded.

Gage came up beside her, taking her hand. With a flash of purple and smoke, Misty transformed into the long purple katana.