Prologue

Hello. I'm Chloe Johnson. Yes, it's a common name. But nothing about my life is common. My father is a drinking man who beats on me. I've never had a sober conversation with him anad he's the one who's not sober. It's quite sad really. My mother on the other hand is never home. She takes long business trips and stays in hotels so she can avoid my father. She's never there for me when I need her most. Yes, I'm 17 and I can take care of myself, but I don't like being by myself all the time. It's not like everything can just go back to perfection. It never will and I miss it. But my pain isn't just at home, it's a school as well.

You see, I have a brother and a sister, Casey and Matt. Casey is like Barbie of the seniors. She's gorgeous and she's the captain of the cheerleading squad. I swear, whenever she flips her hair, time stands still and everyone looks at her. I on the other hand, hates her. She calls me ugly and worthless, like I don't already know this. Matt is my brother. He's running back in the football team. He's a player and girls drool over him. Yes, he's attractive but he's a complete jerk. He's stupid as well. I'm made to do their homework or I'll be beaten up at school. Fair, right? I know it sounds sad, but I'm used to this. And it all started freshman year.

**Flashback**

"Are you ready for this, Clo?" Casey questioned nervously. I laughed and put my hand on her shoulder. It's always been a reassuring gesture to her. She smiled back at me and grabbed my hand. We interlaced fingers and headed into the place we call high school. "Wow, we're high schoolers sis!" Casey practically screamed. I rolled my eyes and went to find my locker. It was blue and gray-the school colors- and had the number 206 at the top. I smiled. This was going to be a good year, or so I thought.

***

I headed to lunch and looked around for Casey. My eyes locked with her yellow ones and I went to where I saw them. at her table sat Matt on her left, some hot guy on her right, and four other girls sitting there snarling at me. I looked at Casey and she had her head down. I looked over at Matt for an explanation but he simply smirked. Matt and I were never close, but Casey and I were.

"Casey, please tell me what's going on. You're all-" I was cut off by something being poured over my head. It was extra cold and I was horrified once I looked around. Every student had their phones out taking pictures of the mess and I was just standing there. I then again looked at my sister and noticed something different, she was wearing a cheerleading uniform. I was shocked. Casey was a very shy, sweet girl. I couldn't figure out why she did it till now, she wanted to fit in.

I teared up and stormed away. I head everyone laughing from behind me but I didn't care. I was just so hurt. I ran into the closest girl's bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I heard the bathroom door creek open after about a minute. I sobbed quieter so I wasn't heard. People didn't need to see the fool I already made of myself.

"Chloe? Are you in here? Please, are you okay? I didn't know this was going to happen. They just told me they had a surprise for my sister. I didn't think they'd make a total fool out of you. Oh, I didn't know if you saw, but I'm on the cheer squad! How cool is-" I screamed while she was talking. She instantly fell silent. How could she?! Say she knew nothing about the water prank then brag about her getting on the team! Wow, I feel so betrayed.

"Get out." I said in a whisper. I waited a while and there was no noise. I stood up and looked under the stall. I saw her white Nike's so I knew she didn't leave. I barged out of the stall, tear stained eyes and all. "I SAID GET OUT! LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU SAID YOU CARED ABOUT ME BUT YOU DON'T! YOU OR MATT DON'T! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR ME, NOT MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL! SO JUST GET OUT!" I screamed with so much force my throat hurt. I was a mess. Tears where streaming down my face and my blue eye where red from crying so much. I looked at Casey and she was a blubbering mess. I turned away from her and I heard her get up behind me.

"I'm so sorry, Clo. I lov-"

"Don't finish that sentence. Don't keep lying to me. And don't quite the team, you belong with people like them." And with that, I left the bathroom and my sister. Ever since then, I can't look her in the eye. She was my best friend and my sister but the team was more important to her than me.

**End of Flashback**

That's why I have so much hatred towards for my brother and sister. The whole school thinks they're perfect and I'm the loser sibling. I'm fine with that. I'm not doing what Casey did and joined something you're against just to fit in.

So this is my shitty life. I've been through it all. Betrayed by those I love the most, hurt by those I don't, and left by those who I need more than anything.That's my life. My wish it to make it all better. Find that one piece that's going to fix my broken heart. I've been broken for four years, who would want to fix an ugly girl that no one wants? I don't know, but there's billions of people in this world so I have a small chance. I hope it's true that somewhere in this miserable world that there's that one for everyone.