Chapter 1- Dream

"Dream"

"Jared, come on!" I yelled as we ran through the forest.

"Alex you know I can't go any faster! You're too fast for me!!" He said trying to keep up with me. I laughed loudly and slowed down a bit to let him run beside me. He caught up with me and smiled.

But when my eyes locked with his, his smile vanished.

I stopped abruptly and turned around to find him looking at me in shock.

"Jared, are you okay?" He shook his head no and pointed at me.

"Alex your-your eyes." He said with his eyes wide in horror.

I instinctively touched my eyes.

"What about them?" I asked confused.

"They are turning silver..."

I gasped in shock and ran as fast as I could to the lake where we were officially headed. I looked at my reflection in the water to see my blue eyes replaced by silver ones.

I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things but they remained silver.

Tears blocked my vision and I buried my head in my hands.

"Alexa?" I turned around to see Jared with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Jared, what is happening to me?" I said while tears flowed freely down my face. He came running to me and hugged me.

"I don't know." He whispered while rubbing my back.

A wave of pain shot through me and I fell on my knees. I screamed in pain and gripped the ground. It felt like something was inside me and tried to claw its way out.

Jared kneeled down beside me and I saw his mouth moving but I couldn't hear him. Instead, the only thing I heard was my rapid heartbeat. Suddenly, I heard bones clicking and twisting, making me let out another scream.

I felt my teeth elongating; the pain from my bones was unbearable and I used all the energy left in my body to stay conscious.

"Alex! Alexa!"  I heard my best friend yelling my name but not a single word could leave my mouth. I looked at him and his eyes held a pained expression. The only thing that I could think of was 'I'm going to die'.

I'm going to die and I'm only fourteen.

Everything stopped.

I tried to steady my breathing and I looked around. I spotted Jared looking at me with a horrified expression. His eyes scanned my body slowly and I frowned. 

Why is he looking at me like that?

I looked down at me and gasped. I was full of pure white fur, instead of legs I had four paws and a tail. Oh, My God.

I looked up at Jared and whined as I slowly stood up.

I'm a freaking wolf?! And I'm huge, just a little smaller than a horse. How did that happen?

I took a hesitant step towards him and he didn't move. 

Is he afraid of me? No, I won't bear it if he is. I've known him my whole life, he's like a brother to me and I will break down if he leaves me.

I took more steps to finally stand in front of him.

"Alexa?" He asked, his voice trembling.