Chapter 6 - Welcome Home

"Welcome Home"

I woke up the next morning by the sun blinding me.

"Ugh!" I groaned and covered my head with the pillow. I opened my eyes to see Jared sprawled on the bed, his one leg hanging from the side and his mouth slightly parted as he left soft snores. I stifled a laugh and stood up stretching before going to the bathroom.

I washed my face and my teeth, then combed my wavy blonde hair leaving them down. I walked back to the bedroom and Jared was still in the same position. I wonder if his mate will get used to him sleeping like that. I mean, it took me four years to learn how to escape every time he would crush me.

"Jared..." I shook him slightly and he groaned rolling over.

"Jared!!" I said louder his time. He opened one eye and looked at me before closing it again.

"What?" He asked, his voice thick with sleep.

"Wake up! We have to go downstairs! You will probably meet your mate today, so you don't want her to see you like that, do you?" I said smirking as he jumped from the bed on his feet wide awake.

"My mate." He said and quickly left the room. I took the comb in my hand and waited for him to return. After some seconds the door opened and Jared came in again taking the comb from my hand and walked into the bathroom. I laughed at him as he mumbled something incoherent and waited so we could go downstairs together.

He got out after some minutes and sniffed the air.

"Since we got there yesterday her smell is everywhere..." He said and we walked down the hallway.

"Well, then I guess she is coming here often. Or she even lives in here!" I say excitedly and his eyes lit up.

"You think?"

"I'm not sure but you never know." I said and we walked into the kitchen.

Jared froze and locked eyes with Monica who looked at him wide-eyed.

"Mate..." He whispered and ran to Monica who dropped the glass of juice she was holding and hugged Jared real tight.

I don't think he cared though.

I shot a glare to Rocky who was ready to stand up and separate them. He huffed and sat down again while I made my way beside him.

We heard a growl coming from Monica but it wasn't a friendly one. She pushed Jared off of her and looked at me.

I was confused as ever as she was approaching me like I was her pray.

"Why the hell is your scent all over MY mate?" She said and narrowed her eyes. I was confused for a moment and then I remembered that he slept in my room last night.

"Oh that...He slept with me last night." I said and her eyes widened.

"No! No! Not like that. Like, on the same bed." I tried to save the situation but she kept glaring at me.

"Jared, can you please explain? I'm not good at this..." I said, mumbling the last part. She is overreacting right now. I mean come on! Me and Jared? This is sick.

"Baby, my room wasn't ready last night so I went to sleep with Alex. She is my best friend. We're more like brother and sister than anything else..." He explained and she somewhat relaxed when Jared wrapped his arms around her waist.