Chapter 11 - Fiancé

"Fiancé"

I heard cries. They were coming from all directions while I was stuck here in the middle of a clearing, deep in the forest, terrified and not able to move a muscle.

I'm just looking around trying to make out something, anything in the dark but it's useless. It's like I don't have my wolf powers anymore.

The earth starts to tremble and I desperately try to move but I feel like I'm bound with chains. I heard howls in the distance. Howls of victory. A sick feeling sat in the pit of my stomach when I realized these weren't the howls of my pack.

Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I screamed for my pack. Someone appeared some meters in front of me holding Hunters head in his hand.

"No!" I cried and fell on my knees. The man was in front of me in seconds and I looked up to meet with his red orbs. I gasped. He was the rogue I killed in the forest.

"We are coming for you." He said in a serpent-like voice and then disappeared, his evil laughter echoing throughout the now eerie quiet forest.

I woke up in tears and I held my head in my hands. I cried because of all the stress build inside of me. If I'm going to fit in the pack. If I'm going to be a good Alpha. If the people are going to accept me. I cried because of the actual fear this dream caused me.

I cried because even though I want to forget about him and being mates with him, I'm still terrified that I'm going to lose him before I even have him.

I didn't close my eyes at all for the rest of the night. I couldn't.

I had a weird feeling that something isn't right.

Something is going to go terribly wrong soon. My gut was never lying.

I sat on the balcony for the rest of the night and enjoyed the chilly breeze against my warm skin. I watched as the sun was very slowly rising behind the endless tall trees and relished the feeling of peace before another day started.

~

Once the clock struck seven I stood up from my seat and went inside. I started getting dressed and decided to go talk to Rocky. We can't be mad at each other. At least not right now that we have bigger problems to face.

After washing my teeth and brushing my hair I unlocked the door of my room and walked down on the first floor where my cousins' office was.

I took a deep breath knocking on his door and waited.

"Come in." I heard his voice saying and I opened the door entering the room. He looked up from whatever he was doing and saw me.

"Alex." He said frowning and stood up. I raised my head in sign for him not to say anything and walked over to his desk sitting on one of the chairs.

"Rocky what happened yesterday was... we shouldn't have fought over that. You know how easily mad I can get and I'm sorry that I yelled at you." I apologized and I saw the disapproving look he as giving me.

"You know that I'm never going to actually apologize for what I said about him, right?" I said and he gave me a small smile.

"I know Alex. I know." I chuckled and he relaxed back in his chair.

"Why do you even dislike him so much?" He asked curiously, giving me a suspicious look.

"There's no specific reason Rocky. I just do." I said and looked at the desk in front of me. I remembered his conversation with Xavier the other day in the library when I was eavesdropping. He can't know we are mates.