Chapter 2 - The Truth

"The Truth"

I'm officially ready to bang my head on a wall right now. Jared and I work at this coffee shop downtown, and trust me we loved it but, there are always these customers that you want to punch in the throat.

Repeatedly.

With bricks.

I was already having a bad day with today's' unexpected news and then comes this old lady that has changed her order three times already and all after I've made the coffee.

Like, make up your damn mind already lady.

"I changed my mind, I want a latte." I was breathing heavily through my nose and I was this close to losing my shit and attacking her.

With the corner of my eye I saw Jared coming to my rescue and he politely, as always, starting talking with the old hag. She gave me the stinky eye as she was watching me move away and I almost flipped her off right there and then. Almost.

After another tiring hour, I was so ready to go home. I made two coffees for myself and took my stuff. I was waiting for Jared to finish locking up when I remembered my plans for next week.

I was getting my own apartment and I would sign the papers next week. I was so excited because that would be a huge step in my life. I had convinced myself that after that everything will be alright.

"Oh, coffee!" Jared's voice brought me back to reality. I slapped his hand off when he was about to grab my coffee and he frowned.

"But you have two." He complained and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. And both are mine. This is yours." I shoved a small bag in his hands and he looked inside.

"Cinnamon rolls. Better than sex." He smirked and I shook my head.

"You have issues."

We walked together towards our houses that were just a block away from each other.

When my house came into view I started getting anxious.

"Alex, you need to talk to your Dad. We need to know what is going on." I nodded my head agreeing with him and sighed. We parted ways and I stood right in front of the door.

It's now or never.

I took my keys out of my bag but the door opened revealing my dad.

The smell of a werewolf invaded my nostrils and I frowned now knowing my suspicions were correct.

"We need to talk." He said with a serious tone. He turned away and headed to the living room.

"Definitely," I muttered and followed him. I sat opposite him and took a deep breath.

"I learned something today and as of now I believe that you can enlighten me on the matter," I said seriously. He was looking at me blankly, not giving anything away.

"Jared had a talk with Michael today," I said and I saw him pursing his lips, showing that this was, in fact, what he intended to talk to me about. "So...how about you explain this to me?" I said with a slightly bitter tone, and I was completely justified to use it.

"Alexa, first of all, you have to know that whatever I may have done was to protect you." I shook my head and my gesture got him to stop talking.

"Don't. Just please don't Dad." I said and after some seconds of him looking at me, he nodded his head and sat back on the couch.

"I am a werewolf. As you know your mom and I came to live here in England a little while after we found out she was pregnant. But you never really knew the reason why." He stood and avoided eye contact with me.