Chapter 1

\•/Hale\•/

I leaned against the café wall as Lilac sat a bit away from the girl with the bread. I bounced the rock in my hand slowly as Lilac got ready to bounce. I aim the rock at her shoulder and let it go, acting causal after. The girl dropped the bread and Lilac caught it, we began to run but the girl jumped at me quickly.

"Hey what's the big deal!?" She grunted.

"Keep your eyes open next time."

She looked familiar honestly. Like I've seen her hiding in the woods, or in a magazine. I struggled under her grip, and Lilac muffled a bark. I felt her hand let go of my wrist, a bright light took over my sight, but I didn't feel the impact of the girls fist when she stroked. The weight of the women seized to exist above me, and the face of a beautiful women revealed itself in front of us. Lilac let the bread drop, and she barked uncontrollably at the girl who just descended from the sky. I sat up straight, and saw the wings settle behind her. Am I seeing a freaking angel? What the hell!?

"What the hell is this!?" I exclaim.

"Hello Hale Micotley. And Ariel Ashburn."

That's where I knew her from. Ariel Ashburn, the gold dragon slayer. Honestly others would be astonished in her presence. I felt Lilacs hot breath on my neck, and saw her blue eyes were wide while looking at the women in the pale pink dress. Ariel hid behind her dark, black hair. I got to my feet and watched the angel talk deeply with Ariel.

"But she-"

"Drop it! She's starving you inconsiderate women!" The angel yelled.

"But I paid for it!"

"SHUT UP!" The girl yelled.

I stood to my feet and Lilac nuzzled my leg. I picked up the bread and handed it back to Ariel. She took one look at it and gagged, throwing it in the garbage. I scoffed, as did the angel. I heard Lilac growl, but I shushed her almost immediately. I quickly placed an arrow from my quiver, and placed it in my bow.

"Calm now Hale. Ariel does mean well."

"Yeah I can tell." I rolled my eyes.

"Well Gee I'm sorry you're dog slobbered all over my bread!"

"You wanna fight me!" I yelled.

"Bring it on you ginger freak!"

"ENOUGH!" The angel yelled, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."

"Who the hell are you anyways!" I inquired roughly.

"My name is Aldianna. I am Ariel's guardian angel."

"You need a freaking guardian angel to protect you?" I snorted.

"You have one too Ms. Micotley." Aldianna giggled.

I let my jaw drop open as Ariel laughed. I went as red as tomato and Lilac cowered, "SHUT UP YOU DUMB GOLD PERSON!"

Screams rang in my ears as the café cleared out quickly. Lilacs trained German Sheppard ears popped up as a loud grunt huffed behind us. Lilac growled and bent down, but I hushed the dog. Aldianna froze in her place, as well as Ariel as they looked at the monster. I slowly turned to come face to face with a green giant. It grunted again, and I actually let out a wimper. I took a few steps back, standing in the middle of the two girls.

"Should we run?" I asked quietly.

"Sounds like a good idea." Aldianna replied.

We backed up, Lilac already running to the nearest safe place. Aldianna flew above us and Ariel and I grunted in envy. Ariel and I ran as fast as we could, the monster following us. It was a giant ogre of some sort, I've killed a few of the kinds babies, and they weren't easy. The ogre swat at Aldianna, and she tumbled down. She quickly recovered and the three of us ran into a large building. Aldianna looked up and saw ice making a shield. I turned to face the others, as did Ariel and Aldianna. The ogre, like most others, was blind. And moved away from the place, as if it lost its interest. The room was silent, and an awkward vibe took its place.

"Um...Hello Fairy Tail guild members!" Aldianna beamed.

"What an entrance." A blonde girl giggled.

"Hi." I waved awkwardly.

Silence filled the room as I slowly stood to my feet. Ariel looked around with a pink face, "Aldianna?"

"Yes Ariel?"

"What was that?!" Ariel exclaims

"My guess is an ogre." Aldianna guesses

"The master will be right down." Mirajane, the girl I've seen in magazines, said softly.

"Thank you." I wheezed.

"No problem. What's you're name?" The girl bent down.

"Hale."

"Hale what?"

"Doesn't matter." I smiled and stood.

Everyone else was still silent as the three of us stood and brushed ourselves off. The guild hall was quite large, and there were multiple people in it. I kept the large front on and saw Ariel do the same thing. Sure we probably look a tiny bit off from what just happened but, we got an angel on our side to protect us from whatever the hell that thing was.

"And who are these young ladies?" The tiny man walked towards us.

"This is Hale, Ariel, and Aldianna, ladies this is master Makarov Dreyar." Mirajane said.

"Are you here to join the Fairy Tail guild?" Makrov asked.

"A guild? An actual guild!?" I squealed, "Um...I mean...yeah. Yes, sure, why not, yeah, cool." I stuttered.

Great job Hale.