Union

Alec tapped his foot nervously on the floor of the van, grasping and ungrasping his hands nervously. Jace smirked, “Why are you so nervous?” He asked in idle amusement. Alec stared at him, and Jace recognised his parabatai’s are-you-fucking-kidding-me face. “But why? I mean it’s your wedding, so what?” Izzy gasped from the front seat, Simon falling silent.

“Jace Lightwood!” She exclaimed, turning around to glare at her brother. “Did you seriously just ask why Alec was so nervous?! It’s his wedding day! Of course he’s nervous.” Alec sat shocked at his sister’s outburst. She fixed her hair, and smiled at him, reaching out to touch his hand. “You’ll be okay, Alec.” She told him soothingly.

They arrived at the venue a few minutes later – it was an outdoors wedding. Magnus had wanted an outside one, so Alec had let him. He hadn’t actually planned much of the wedding himself, if he was honest.  And as he exited the van with much anxiety, he felt as curious as all the other guests arriving. Isabelle smiled at him, and ruffled her brother’s hair. “You’re going to love what Magnus did for you.” She told him, and hugged him. “Well, me and Simon are going to go sit down. You and Jace just wait here…mom and dad are coming soon.” She explained, kissing both her brother’s on the cheek before bouncing off hand in hand with Simon.

Alec sighed, and he desperately tried to slow his heartbeat. “Do you need Clary to draw a fearless rune on you?” Jace asked, watching his friend panic. Alec spared a side glance, and looked down. “No…I don’t think so.” He said, and breathed out. Jace looked at him curiously,

“So you want to be scared on your wedding day?” He questioned. Alec sighed, and brushed some hair out of his face. “I just…I know what the fearless rune does, as well as you do. I want to actually feel something on my…wedding day.” Alec blushed, and put his hands in his face. Jace noticed the engagement ring, on the same finger as the Lightwood family ring. “This is just so… I don’t know. I’m just terrified.” He admitted. Jace’s shoulders slumped a bit.

“Why are you terrified? Everyone here is here for you and Magnus. And today you and him are going to be joined. You should be stoked.” He said, and Alec was about to reply, when he saw his parents’ car drive up.

Robert and Mayrse got out of the car, and walked towards their sons. Robert pulled his eldest into a hug as Mayrse went inside with Jace. Alec pulled away awkwardly, and Robert smiled. “Are you ready?” He asked, and Alec shrugged nervously.
“I don’t really have a choice now, do I?” He asked, and they began walking towards the venue.

Magnus was already stood at the altar, Jace standing close, and Isabelle on the other side. Alec took a deep breath as he began to walk. They’d themed the wedding blue and gold – it worked out well since gold was the bridal colour and one of Magnus’ favourite colours. Alec wore a blue suit that Magnus had insisted he bought, and the warlock was wearing an amazing gold glittery one. His face lit up when he saw his fiancé. Robert hung close to his son, and Alec felt an emotion welling upside of him as he walked, all of his friends’ and families’ eyes on him. He gripped his dad’s sleeve.

He reached the altar, and slowly let go of his father, glancing at him before up at his partner. The ceremony began, and before long, it was time for the vows. Magnus went first, holding Alec’s hands. “I, Magnus, take thee, Alexander, to be my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part.” He spoke clearly, his cat eyes glistening with…love? When it was Alec’s turn, it didn’t go so smoothly. He tried to speak, but the words wouldn’t come. His eyes welled up with tears. And he burst out crying. Magnus immediately took a hold of his partner,  stroking a hand through his hair, hushing him. Once he was able to continue, he began talking. “I, Alexander, take thee, Magnus, to be my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part.” He began sobbing again, at the memory of Magnus giving up his immortality for him, in order for them to have what they had. Magnus kissed him lovingly on the cheek. “I love you, Alec.” He whispered, as Jace handed him their rings.