Reunion: Part III

“What happened?” Simon demanded. Alec lay slack in the bed, blood everywhere. His eyes were closed, his jaw slack. But his cheeks were flushed, and his chest rose and fell softly. “He passed out.” Jace said. His hand was still on Alec’s cheek. “He’s alive.” He was smiling, turning to watch the others. “Clary…you did it. Alec’s alive! He’s breathing!” She couldn’t believe it. This boy – this boy she’d hated with a passion when she’d first met him… she just saved his life. Robert ran his hands through his hair. “I need to…I need to get Mayrse… I need to…” He looked faint as he sat down on the bed. He rested his forehead on Alec’s chest. He kissed his son on the forehead, on the cheeks, and hugged him. “We need to… can you wash the blood off him? I don’t want him to see it when he wakes up.” He told the teenagers, getting up and exiting the room. Mayrse came in a few moments later, and held his hand, and wouldn’t leave. Clary and Simon washed the blood off him, and Jace changed his clothes.

His eyes fluttered open a few minutes later, and he sat up slowly. His hand went to his chest, his eyes open wide. Mayrse leaned over, and pulled her son into a hug. “Mom…it hurts.” He told her, and she let go. “Alec, don’t you ever die again.” She told him, and Jace agreed. Alec looked down.

“I saw Max.” He said quietly, his hands falling to his side. His blue eyes were big, sad, shocked. Mayrse pulled the hair back off his face. “How was he?” She asked. He tightened his fist in his lap.

“He was fine…happy. He’s with our…our other family members.” He told them. And he looked up, “So I died.” He began, and looked at everyone. “How did I… why am I alive now then?” Alec asked. Simon smiled. “Clary created a resurrection rune just for you.” Robert said. Alec stared at Clary, and she leaned down, and kissed him softly on the cheek. He grabbed her hand. “Thank you, Clary.” He whispered. She held his hand for a moment or two.

“Where’s Isabelle?” He asked. Robert shrugged.

“She ran off after we…found you.” He admitted. Alec hugged his knees to his chest.

“Sebastian did it. Sebastian murdered me. He drove the knife into my chest. It hurt so bad…” He whimpered. Robert moved from behind his wife, and pulled his son onto a hug.

At that moment Isabelle burst through the door, Magnus in toe. “ALEXANDER GIDEON FUCKING LIGHTWOOD!” She screamed. Alec jumped back in bed, and Robert pulled away, everyone was staring at her as she launched herself at her older brother. She put her arms around him, sobbing onto his chest. She pulled up his shirt, and looked at the bruises the stab wound had made. “DON’T YOU EVER DIE AGAIN! DON’T YOU DO THAT TO ME AGAIN! DON’T YOU DARE!” She cried. Alec kissed his sister softly. “Izzy, if I had the choice…I wouldn’t have. I would have never hurt you.” He whispered, stroking her hair. Jace climbed onto the bed, and wound his arms around his siblings, his cheek resting on Alec’s back.

And then Alec’s eyes fell upon the man in the corner. His eyes were trained on him, and he looked away instantly when Alec saw him. But he couldn’t hide now. Alec breathed out as his siblings moved away. “Magnus.” He said firmly. “I would like to talk to you, alone.”