Six

March 11th 2014

''You're going to do what now?! Harry you're out of your god damn mind, you better not start anything! You'll end up thrown in the fucking hole for that shit!'' Frankee slammed his hands on top of the Library table that Harry had been sitting at. Staring down over the top of his head, Harry knew Frankee would react this way...shit, he hasn't even known the guy that long and he already knows what the man would say or do to keep others from getting in trouble. As in others, he means himself and Nate. ''You must be fucking high or something, where the hell are you getting drugs? Is there somebody selling them to you in here? For crying out loud, you're going to be thrown in MAX instead! Do you want to spend the rest of your prison life held in a room so tight that air wouldn't be able to circulate through?!'' 

''Stop, i'm doing this to keep my own arse from becoming somebody else's bitch. People need to realize that i'm not to be fucked with around here, back at my old pri-''

''That's your old fucking prison, this is not a place to act all tough in. Have you not looked around? These men don't give two fucks for other murderers let alone people who like fighting, they will do anything to get blood on their hands and the smell of fear under their noses.''

Maybe it was a bad idea to tell Frankee about his plan, all he wanted was a backup man just in case shit went down. Boy was he wrong, Frankee was on his arse like flies eating up a pile of horse shit. 

''You have bumped your head, you're not really going to fight the baddest and strongest there is...are you?'' Nate decided to speak up, sitting for too long with his mouth shut and eyes trailing along Harry's inked skin. ''We don't even know who runs the court half the time, are you seriously going to defend your own honor just because of a few guys who act like they are the shit? Come on Harry, don't do this. You're better then that, you know you can always just ignore all the other inmates. I don't want you serving another five years or so...don't you want out?'' 

''You guys were the wrong people to come to for this shit, back at my old prison...i would have had support and backup like no other. You two are just goody goods that want no part in anything, this is why you only have each other and no other friends that will have your back no matter what. You guys may not see it as needing anything from anybody but...this ain't no fucking television show where things are all sunny and happy...we're in a prison that will end our lives if we don't watch our fucking backs. We-''

''You haven't even been here long enough to know what we go through, don't try to put yourself in the middle of a problem that you're causing. Look...we're here for you, we're your friends now but you need to stop with this tough act and let things slide. You're not going to die, you're going to do your time and get out of here without a scratch on you.'' Frankee gave Harry's shoulder a comforting squeeze. ''We missed breakfast, Nate do you mind going to the lunch room and picking us up a fruit cup? If they have any left, if not then that's fine...we'll have to wait for lunch.''

''Sure thing, be back!'' Nate skipped out of the library, Frankee watched as the door finally closed with it's squeaky self. 

''No fighting, just don't do it. There's a few things that can go wrong, you'll either be thrown in the Hole, some of us call it a shoe but that doesn't matter. Still bad but not as bad as being sent off to MAX. It's a prison across that is dirtier, smaller, all the other men who are there have been stuck in their cells for months to years. I doubt you'll end up over there anyways, most of them are there for many deadly reasons. You don't need to know, anyways...let's get these books back on their shelves.'' 

Harry stared at Frankee, giving him the stink eye as the other man started laughing. 

''You're such a shit liar! You almost had me fooled there!'' Harry punched Frankee's arm, letting the man laugh his lungs out. ''There ain't no fucking other prison across from here, god...you are so cunty!'' Harry chuckled, shaking his head while wiping a drop of sweat from the side of his face.