Twelve

March 21st 2014

Hours had passed, felt like years had gone by without a word being said. Inmates were locked in their cells, no word from any guard nor a whisper from another inmate about what had happened. People seemed to have kept their mouths shut for once, the sounds of crickets and wall smacks was the only thing killing the silence down each and every hall.

Inmates sitting in their dark and cold cells, scratching sounds from the wind outside that caused most of the men to freak in fear.

Everything was simply quiet, strange to be honest.

An inmate had been stabbed, bled to death, died in the arms of another...not just any inmate and not just a random inmate who held the dying man in his arms as he passed into the spirit world.

The joyful blue eyed man who had gone by the name of Nate...stabbed and left for dead, died in the arms of the one man who he called a friend. Harry Styles, the one person who tried to help but failed due to the blood loss Nate had been dripping out.

Harry sat in the corner of his cell, knee's glued to his chest as he stared ahead of himself. Still shaken up from yesterday, not being able to sleep or even close his eyes for a whole minute. Wondering how Frankee was holding up, knowing damn well that the other man was probably in worse pain then any other person here.

Sitting with regret and guilt filling his heart, hurting from the way he last spoke to Nate. Snapping and yelling, pushing the short man away as if he was a walking disease.

Harry sobbed down over his knee's, crying for the millionth time.

Without realizing that someone was watching him the whole time, not knowing that there was a man in the darkened shadow of his cell just staring.

Sniffling with tears filling the eyes of a green eyed soul, Harry couldn't stand it anymore...he hated being here, he hated the guards, he hated the inmates, he hated everything that was built in and out of these walls.

Feeling weak and unsure of what to do next, feeling all the energy in his body fade into thin air without having any feeling whatsoever in his legs.

Wrapping his arms around the knee's that felt the heart beat in his chest, holding them tight against his body as he whimpered one last time. Squeezing his sore and tired eyes shut, sucking his chapped lips into his mouth while feeling the dead skin on top of his tongue.

It seemed that the world was growing darker and darker with every passing minute, Harry knew he wasn't tired enough to see it falling into dreamland.

He may have been broken and thrown around in the past but this...this pain was something else. 

He didn't know Nate well enough to call him his best bud but he was still a nice and friendly guy who deserved to keep his life and fall free into the open of the city lights and warm weather.

Harry wanted to punch himself in the face for the way he had talked to Nate, snapping at the older man with such a rude tone.

Feeling the limp body in his arms after hours of releasing him...Harry couldn't stop thinking about Nate's voice and clouded eyes, he couldn't stop thinking about all the blood that circled them both, and the stains on his jumper that he had thrown to the side without having to get it washed.

He felt as if this was somewhat his fault, who did it and why?

''The more you cry, the more you come off as weak princess. Chill out and take a breath every now and then.''