Fourteen

March 25th 2014

Outside of these walls were the sounds of loud clapping, thunder and lightening combined together as they were forced to create damage to the outside world.

Inmates stayed silent for once, listening to every dropping sound as if they were hoping to hear a pin drop. Most lying in their beds and others hushed one another for even whispering.

Harry on the other hand, stayed perched up against the cold and hard wall. Head thrown back with his eyes screwed shut as he tried his best to forget about the events from yesterday. How he almost gave himself up to Zayn, then backing out as if something had finally snapped inside his head.

Then hearing Zayn's words, the loud punch against the wall, the fuming puffs of air that escaped his mouth. Harry had never felt so scared standing half naked in front of a man he thought he could trust and cherish.

After rejecting him for the hundredth time, Zayn should have seen it coming but was too blinded by another one of Harry's excuses.

Harry shook his head, wanting to forget the look on Zayn's face and the anger that took over his features. He wanted to sleep all his days away until he was met with freedom. To think that prison couldn't get any worse...he created a whole new problem for himself as he tried his hardest to avoid most of what goes on behind these thickened walls.

''Are you just going to sit here for the rest of your sentence or are you going to come out and help me in the library?''

That voice...oh that sweet and raspy voice Harry had started to miss too much. This was the first time he's actually spoken without sounding like a robot.

''Frankee?''

Harry sat up, staring at a freshly shaved man who styled his hair the way he usually does and held out a fruit cup.

''Hey, Harry. Listen-''

''If you're going to apologize for whatever fucking reason, don't bother. I'm just glad you're here and sounding like yourself. I...I missed you, mate.''

Harry stood up, walking towards his only friend. Not even thinking, he pulled the man into a hug. He didn't expect a hug in return but sure got one when he felt two arms snake around his waist.

''I missed you too, Harry. Again, I'm sorry for acting so weird lately.'' Hearing the man whisper, sounding close to tears.

''I know, Frank. I also know that it's not a bad thing to release those tears and emotions when you need to. So come on, I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere unless...they throw me someplace else or I get myself into some even deeper trouble than I probably am now.''

Chuckling nervously as he pulled away from the bigger man.

''Should I ask about the last part or is it the same problems you been dealing with when...when Nate was here?''

Harry waved it off, putting his arm around Frank's shoulder and pulling him into his cell.

''Let's not talk about it, I feel much better knowing that you're okay and standing right in front of me looking as you did when we first met.''

Dimples all out and a wave of calmness ran through the tatted mans veins.

''I had a lot to think about these past couple days. My life in here, losing the love of my life which was my actual fucking life...but I also thought about how many good memories I've had here, as stupid and crazy that sounds but I've had some nice ones even without Nate around.''