Chapter 7

Jamal and I woke up at 11 that morning and went out for breakfast at McDonalds. Both of us craved some sausage and egg Mc muffins.

 "We need to go to 67th," I told Jamal as we left.

"I didn't say 'hey, don't go to school so we can go to work.' I said it so we can spend the day together."

"I know, but I really need to learn more about Blackwell. I'm going to be working with him after school ends so I need to be ready." I watched as Jamal rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Hey," I hopped in front of him, "afterwards we can do anything you want."

"Anything?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

"There are lines that shall not be crossed yet but yeah." He sighed.

"Okay, whatever you say princess."

"Please don't ever call me that again."

"Why?" he said, smiling.

"Cause I hate it. Do I need more reason than that?"

"Not yet."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing right now."

"Holy cream puffs, you confuse me so."

"Eh, you'll get used to it," he said as he swung his arm around my shoulder. It took about ten minutes to get to the Gray Area where we headed up the stairs to the second floor. We entered a room on our left which had glass doors with The Gray Area symbol on them. Both floors had six teams and each one had an office. Three offices downstairs and three upstairs. We had the smallest team since it only consisted of Lilith, Perry, Chris, Jamal, and I as well as three others. Each of us had desks, two facing each other. My desk faced Chris and behind me, Jamal faced Lilith. Next to Chris was Perry who faced Thomas. Thomas was a quiet guy and no one really knew him very well but he was probably the smartest of us all.

As we walked into the office Jamal still had his arm around my shoulders and Lilith was the first to notice us. I smiled at her and waved but she didn't smile back. Instead, she looked back at the computer screen in front of her.

"You okay? You look confused," Jamal said, looking at me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." We walked to our desks and I took off my coat, hanging it on the back of my chair.

"Getting background on Blackwell, Sky?" Chris asked, fingers tapping on the keys at lightning speed.

"I'm guessing you already have it." He smiled and handed me a file.

"Have fun. He's a hottie." I rolled my eyes at him and opened the file.

"Whoa," I whispered. He was one of the most handsome men I had ever seen. He had a beautifully chiseled face, dark brown almost black eyes, and platinum blonde hair which was spiked but it still had a business look to it which is something had never seen before. But my God was he gorgeous. I had heard of the name Nathan Blackwell and I knew who he was but I had never bothered to look at a picture of him. I heard Chris laughing and  I looked up to see Perry behind him with his Iphone pointed at me.

"Let me see that!" I said jumping up from my seat. Perry turned his phone around showing me wide eyed and mouth gaping open. I sat back down in my seat, burying my hands in my face. "Oh my God. Please delete that," I said.

"Yeah, no, it's on Facebook now," Chris said. "I 'liked' it already. Oh look, so did three other people." At that point I just couldn't help but laugh.

"You guys fuckin suck." Eventually we went back to work and I continued looking through the file. Nathan Blackwell had inherited the company from his father, Richard Blackwell. His father came in from Scotland and started out with his own small company which started making more and more money over time. Eventually he started getting into other people's companies and buying stock. Once he gained more than 50% of the company's stock, he started putting in his own people and soon, he controlled the company and slapped his own name on it. He continued to do corporate raids like that with more and more companies.