Chapter 10

I woke up wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. The book I had been reading the night before laid on the floor half open with its pages bent agianst the floor. After I had gotten home from Blackwell Tower, I crashed on the couch ready to relax. It hadn't been a difficult first day but I was ready to forget about it. I stretched out my arms in front of me and admired the elegant black writing starting at the tips of my fingers and beyond. I began thinking back at the day before. Whose secrets did I have written on my body?

First, Lace Philips. No, wait, I only spoke to her. I didn't touch her.

Second, Ruth, the emerald eyed beauty. But I didn't touch her either.

Third, Janelle, the petite auburn haired one with the soft hands. Yeah, she touched my wrist and we shook hands.

Fourth, Andrew Thicks, but he didn't come near me.

Fifth... oh my god, Nathan Blackwell. He brushed my skin when he moved my hair behind my ear. My eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"Idiot!" I yelled to myself. How could I forget something so monumentally important?!

The writing was overlapped, like it normally is when I touch multiple people in a day. All their stories overlap eachother. I closed my eyes, willing the other people's stories to fade and leave only Blackwell's secrets.

I shut my eyes, and thought of Nathan Blackwell. I thought of the when he brushed my face with his hand. I felt a slight tingling in my arms, the writing was going away. I opened my eyes again and the writing was finally legible. I took a look at my forearm first. I skimmed the wrods quickly.

As soon as the antique marine blue vase shattered on the marble floors, my father barged into the room, his face scrunched up in anger.

"You stupid boy!" he yelled and marched towards me and smacked my face with the back of his hand. "Do you know how much that costed me!?" He paced around the room as I held my hand to my hot, stinging face. I tried not to cry, but it hurt so bad. "Go tell your mother!" my father yelled.

I moved away from the shattered vase and walked down the hall. I knew my mother would be furious, too. But I was more afraid of my mother than my father. I knew she wouldn't hit me, but she would be inordinately dissapointed. Her dissapointment would hurt more than my fathers hand.

I couldn't read anymore of that memory. I felt bad for Nathan. I could somewhat relate to him with the fact that I didn't exactly have a family that was very kind. But I quickly went back to the other memories and secrets, I had to find something about the company. I searched frantically, but I couldn't find anything about the company, it was just family memories. And the writing was so small, i had to squint. It continually got harder to read as i searched but I suddenly realized it wasn't because of the tiny words, They were fading. I turned back and looked at the clock in the kitchen.

6:00 exactly. I looked back at my arms and they were completely void of the black writing. I stared at my arms in momentary disbelief. And finally the anger at myself sinked in. On the couch there was a pillow. My favorite one, in fact. I buried my face into it and screamed as loud as i could, letting out the frustration. I kept my face in the pillow for a few more minutes until i finally raised my head and sat up. I was a little dizzy but that was from the lack of air.

I was a bit more calm but still dissapointed. Why did I forget about Blackwell? How could I be so forgetful? Now I wouldn't be able to help the people that needed me most. I would have to wait even longer. I would have to somehow get close to Blackwell again. That could take months. I shut my eyes tight and face palmed.

"Idiot," I whispered to myself. I decided to get up from the couch, take a shower, and dress up for work.

I desperately wished for a second chance.

-------------------

10th chapter. Yay.
I know it's kind of short. I am hoping to make my next chapters longer and have some more action in them. Again, it's getting there. Don't worry. Thank you my lovely readers for staying with me. Farewell for now. :)