vii.Icarus

Married. A month after the crash. Settled.  In Dubai.

He shook his head. It never did anything good to think of her. She had moved on like he'd wanted.
But part of him wanted to know. Did she know he was alive or had did she think he was dead like Randhir did? Did she blame Sanyukta? Did she get along well with her new family? Was Ankit good to her?

Questions he had no right to ask . Questions he would never ask because it meant he cared. He did not. After all, she was willing to sell him for money. She had married a well off man who could afford to buy her whatever she wanted. She probably had forgotten Parth Kashyup ever existed.

"Parth?" Sanyukta's tone was worried.

Parth smiled,letting his exhaustion take over him "Need...sleep. i'll be okay"

Sanyukta's warm hand cupped his cheek "I'll be there when you wake up. Yoyo and Sahil will probably be there too. Tanya and Vishad will come tomorrow."

Parth could only nod. He pulled the blanket over his head and closed his eyes.

He had detested lying. Absolutely loathed it when Vidushi had lied so easily.

And now, he was lying to Sanyukta.

He had missed 2 years of his life. Sanyukta had not mentioned his mother yet.  It did not take him long to put together the pieces. He was alone now. Unless he considered his father's side of the family. But he did not want to. He'd sworn he'd never go back to that man or to that person he used to be before Arpita's death.

Everyone died. Arpita. Jiggy. Vardhaan Sir.  His mom

Everyone left. Arpit. Kabir. Randhir. Vidushi.

Vidushi did not leave. I made her leave.

Parth shrugged off the thought. Vidushi was gone now. Married. In Dubai. Happy. She probably wouldn't even know he was alive. Probably would pray for me to be dead if she knew.

When it came to Vidushi, he could never think positively.

AND HIS FATHER HAD WARNED HIM HIS BIASED THINKING WOULD BE HIS DOWNFALL, JUST LIKE HIS OVERCONFIDENCE.