ocho

song: need the sun to break // james bay

The morning sun peered through the blinds of Millie's room, shinning on the couple asleep upon a couch. It was still a bit early in the lovely city of Sydney, Australia, so Millie's family was only just waking up. As for Millie and Calum, they were still in a deep slumber. A loud ringing noise came from Millie's desk, waking Calum up in the process. The light blinded him as he stretched his arms and sat up. Calum struggled to get up, there being a passed out Millie clinging onto him. He laid back on his elbows and pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. Ten to eight A.M., minutes before Millie was supposed to get up for practice. 

Calum groaned and shook Millie's shoulder, trying to wake her from her slumber. Millie furrowed her eyebrows and snuggled deeper into Calum's chest. He sat there, puzzled on what to do next to try and wake Millie. Calum wiggled under Millie's grasp and pried her off of him. He walked over to her bathroom and rinsed his face off in the sink. He dried his face off and walked back into Millie's room to find her awake and sitting up on the couch. 

Millie moaned. "What time is it?" 

"Almost eight." Calum responded as Millie groaned. He chuckled and walked over to the couch and stood in front of Millie. She slowly stood up, trying to not make herself dizzy. Calum wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her forehead as Millie placed her palms on his chest. They stayed like that for a few seconds before Calum mumbled something into her hair. 

"I should go before someone comes in and catches us." Millie nodded her head yes in response. They kissed one last time before Calum vanished out Millie's window and headed towards Michael's house. 

Millie watched Calum walk between the houses until he disappeared into Millie's background. She was too focused on Calum so she didn't hear her brother walk into the room. 

"I know someone was in here last night." He stated to his sibling. Millie shook and placed a hand on her chest, trying to catch her breath from that scare. 

"My goodness, Milo. You scared the crap out of me." She breathed. Milo rolled his eyes. 

"Mhm, but I think Mom and Dad are suspicious so I would be careful." 

"You didn't tell them, did you? Wait, how do you even know?" Millie panicked. 

"I heard him scream from the tree last night. And no, I didn't, don't worry. But I would get a ladder for that window if I were you." 

"Good idea, now go. And thank you for not saying anything." Millie lead him out the door to her room and closed the door. A blush came up to her cheeks are she walked over to her phone to shoot Calum the idea Milo had given her. 

millie : i'm going to build you a ladder for my window. 

calum : oooooh ;)) 

millie : milo gave me the idea ok

calum : what he knew what

millie : apparently

calum : you have to be quieter from now on missy

millie : shut up

Calum laughed at the text he received from Millie. He wasn't watching where he was going, though he ended up in Michael's backyard. Michael was playing some kind of yoga music and stretching while at it. 

"Hello my dear friend." Calum greeted the now light blue-haired boy. 

"Go away." Michael responded. Calum looked up from his phone and over to Michael who was currently wearing some bright colored spandex and a sweatband on his head.