nueve

song: say hey (i love you) // michael franti & spearhead

Calum and Luke were busy bees, currently. It was the middle of the night on the day Calum's date with Millie was planned. They were brainstorming ideas of what Calum could do on his date with her, but neither of them had any idea at all.

"You know her better than I do! Where should I take her? What can we do? Hell, what should I even wear?! Oh my god, I can't do-" Calum blabbered on as Luke slapped him to get him to stop rambling.

"Calm down. You look like you're going to pass out, Calum," Luke reassured him. Calum took a deep breath and laid down on Luke's bed. He reached for his phone and groaned at the time, it being two in the morning. "Just breathe, we'll figure something out." Calum nodded his head at Luke's comment.

The dark haired boy sat up and stared at Luke, with pleading eyes, begging for an idea. "What would you do if you were in my position? Like I said, you know her best. What would you do on a date with Millie Andrews?" That question put Luke in a tough position. There were many things Luke would want to do with the Millie Andrews, but that was 11-year old Luke talking. It has been five years since Luke spent more than 3 hours spending time with her and only her. Who knows how much she has changed since then?

"I'm not sure, Calum. It has been years since I spent time with Millie. I don't really know what she's like now, only really you, Ashton, and Michael do because well, you're the one going on a date with her, and then her, Ashton, and Michael are all pretty good friends," Luke sighed trying to get Calum to understand his point. "I haven't really talked with her that much since she arrived here in Sydney. I'm sorry I'm not that big of a help." Calum nodded his head in understandment.

"I understand, pal. We're doing our best, and that is why I came to you for help. You don't talk to Millie that much, so she won't find out what I'm planning to do with her."

"One thing I do know is that Millie probably still loves is exploring. And when I say exploring I mean she loves experiences. Why not take her to downtown Sydney and you guys be tourists for a day?" Calum's eyes went huge at Luke's comment.

"Luke, you are a genius!" Calum jumped up and went for Luke's computer on the desk across his room. "Um, okay, thanks I guess. What are you doing now?" Luke timidly asked.

"Research. I'm looking up very popular tourist destinations in Sydney." Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Mate, literally all you need to do is take her to Sydney Opera House. That's the most touristy thing anyone can do while here."

"But we can't do JUST that! There's other things in Sydney, too." Calum stated.

"I guess you're right."

*~*~*~*

Millie hopped out of the pool and walked towards her towel and phone that were sat at the patio table. She squeezed the water out of her hair and picked up her phone to look at the time and notifications she received. A couple tweets, some instagram likes, two snapchats, yet nothing from Calum regarding their date. She huffed and wrapped her towel around her body and trudged up to her room.

It has been almost three days and she has heard nothing from him. Millie is starting to feel as if Calum is blowing her off. With everything she's heard from the rest of the boys on how much Calum likes Millie, it is obvious that Calum has some sort of feeling towards her, but now Millie was starting to think differently.

Oh, What do I even know about relationships and those feelings. I've never been on a date before! Let alone one that is not even going to be told to my parents! Millie thought. She sighed and threw her phone onto her couch before going into her closet to find an outfit for the day. While trying to pick out a shirt, she heard her phone start to ring. Her eyes widened and she ran to her couch to pick it up, not bothering to look at the caller ID.