The Panels

Mickeys panel painting

          I woke up and jumped out of my bed, happy as ever. I ran to my closet and put on my black skinny jeans, my long sleeved gray shirt with a black heart in the middle, I put on my white beanie and gray bobs. I put on a tank-top under my shirt, knowing because it's summer I would get hot outside. I run downstairs after I brushed my teeth and grab a granola bar for breakfast so I don't starve.

I grab my school bag and opened the door as fast as I could so I could go to school early and paint. To my surprise, Blake was pulled into my driveway, leaning on the hood of his car with his hands in his skinny jean pockets, his red flannel slightly blowing in the wind as his Bring Me The Horizon shirt hugged his muscles underneath.

I smiled and closed the front door. I walked down the porch steps and walked up to him. He stopped leaning on his car and walked to the passenger door and opened it. I looked at him with a curious face. 'Why is he here?' I asked myself in my head while I slipped one of my brown hairs behind my ear.

 "Get in, I'm giving you a ride because you don't need to walk an hour when I can just give you a ride to school." Blake said while he smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and hopped in the car and buckled up. Blake ran back over to the driver side and hopped inside the car. He looked at me then winked.

 I blushed a little but there was no point in trying to hide it because he had already seen me blushing. "You're really cute when you blush." Blake said then turned on the car and started to back out of the driveway. I looked at the radio and smirked. I turned it on to my favorite station and they were playing one of my favorite song- Piano man by Billy Joel. I started to tap my feet to the beat of the song, I started to tap my hands on the dash as well.

 I started to sing along and I could feel someone staring at me so I turned my head to see Blake flipping his gaze between the road and I. "What, I love this song."

"Oh, nothing. You just look really beautiful today. So don't mind me if I start to stare." Blake said while he tapped his thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. I laughed a little. Blake smiled.

I looked at him again then pulled out my sketchbook and started to draw out his beauty on the page. I made sure that I didn't make a single mistake. He looked so handsome, the way the sun shined on his skin, the way his hair moved from the gust of wind coming from the opened window, the way his smile made the world feel a little less shitty.

I finished the picture and put my sketchbook back in my bag. I looked around and I noticed that he had aviators hanging on the collar of his shirt. I smirked as I reached over and kissed him on the cheek while I stole the aviators from him. I slide them on my face and turned to look at Blake and I asked "How do I look?"