Flash back

Patrick pov-

All i ever wanted is?I ask myself these question for the past few days..

and now i know the answer.

I walk aimlessly through out the guild hoping to find a hint of clue.To me everything seems gray and it felt like i am walking through a corridors which time had been stopped.My heart beat slow and steady yet i can clearly hear it.Each beat represent every second i am missing her.

I knew Liz since she was young,she wa s always very weird.She's very secretive yet also unique in her own way.         

When i was working in the bakery store.I saw a few of my colleagues ,they were holding sticks.

I frantically ran out,what i saw was beyond reality.Liz was holding many men off  by herself.With one hand ,she grips one of them and throw him 5 feet away.Her once's purple eye has turn red.

i ran towards her without a thought running through my mind.The other boys near her are frantically trying to escape her.While others are throwing stones at her.

In her other arm is a loaf of bread wrapped with cloth.Just when the boys decide to kill her.Her purple eyes came back and she falls to the ground,i was beside her then and hug her and whispered"you will be okay,i swear on my life".After all calm down.

I brought her back to her hut with information from the guild.I cannot disagree that i like the feeling of her head on my shoulder,her black wavy hair covering my shoulder and her soft body laying on me,depending on me.

Back at her hut.Once i open the door, i cannot describe how scared i felt.He laid there with a note at his hand.On it,it said:

Liz live and be strong i may not be there for you any longer but survive.

It hits me then at that moment, that was Liz grandfather.

I carry her to her bedroom,which have a old dusty bed and a large chest,i lay her down on her bed.

After that,i proceed to

give a proper respect to the passing.I carry Liz's grandpa to the floor and cover him with a white cloth leaving his face uncovered.

For a few hours i sat beside Liz  while she's asleep.Just barely keeping myself awake, just about midnight , Liz suddenly came to conscious she was clutching her heart and she fell to the floor struggling around.I tried roughly  to steady Liz with  both my hands harshly.

Liz...Liz eye was changing colour every second.From purple to red,from red to purple.Liz was struggling like crazy .She was roaring out,i was so scared at that moment .Liz was in so much pain her expressions cannot be describe, its like being wrapped with boiling hot iron or like being forced to go into boiling hot water and drowning in it.

For 30minutes i hug her,hopping that this would stop.It finally did.

She lay on the floor lifelessly,struggling to stand up.She whispered grandpa.Thats when i break down,i can't make this girl cry.Not this girl.Yet its like she knows that he's dead,Liz kept his sob down.I gently pushed her head onto my chest waiting for her sobbing to end.Just when she calm down she whispered to me.'i was too late,i wanted to save him...from starving'.

That's when it all hit me,she wanted that loaf of bread.One loaf of bread can save someone.Yet they never knew that this loaf of bread is so important.I made a mental note to take care of this girl.This girl is so strong,she had just experience so much pain physically and mentally.

I will make sure she's save.I clenched my fist.