Chapter Thirteen

We walked into the house to see all the guys sitting lazily on the couches in the living room topless. They all looked up as we walked in. “Hey that was a short run.” Tucker said looking up from the TV.

“Yeah decided to come back instead.” Nic shrugged sitting down next to Liam on one of the couches. Tucker patted the spot next to him for me to sit down on. I sat down and curled up on his side. He kissed my head.

“Did you enjoy your run?” He asked moving him arm to pull me closer to him. I nodded closing my eyes sighing as I leaned against him. “What’s wrong Baby?”  He whispered rubbing my back.

“Nothin’.” I sighed looking up at his gray eyes as they stared at me. He ran his fingers down my cheek.

“This doesn’t look like nothing.” He whispered pressing his lips to my forehead. He pouted at me gently rubbing my cheek making me sigh and cuddle closer to him. 

“Stop it.” I sighed smiling as his hand moved down my side.

“But I’m having fun.” He smiled running his finger over a little scar on my pantie line from when I got stitches when I was 11 when I fell out of a tree and landed on a broken piece of glass at school. Mason freaked out with all the blood and picked me up and ran to the nurses building screaming. Turned out I broke my arm to and got 12 stitches and got to talk to my Dad for an hour. In my opinion it was worth it.

“Stop it. It tickles.” I giggled at him but stopped short as I got a cramp like I did before when I was running. Tucker’s eyes searched my face as my face scrunched up in pain. Tucker’s hands froze instantly stopping his movement over my scar.

“Carson…are you okay?” He asked. I put my hand to my lower stomach and frowned. “Baby?” I sat back on the couch next to him and sighed. Nic looked at us.

“Are you two even listening to us?” I shrugged.

“What where you saying?” Tucker asked his hand creeping over to mine on my stomach and rub it gently staring at his sister.

“Well we were saying that it would be cool to go see the little zoo a couple towns over but Ben pointed out that it’s going to rain soon like it did last night since we are getting some storm. So I asked if you had any ideas.”

“Why don’t we all just go to a mall? I’m sure there’s a mall we can hang around somewhere around here.” Tucker nodded at me.

“I agree with Carson here. I’m up for the mall, maybe even a movie.” Nic nodded at him.

“I’m cool with that.” Everyone agreed. The door knocked making us look at it.

“I’ll go answer it. Y’all go change.” I sat up as everyone made their way up stairs but Ben. “Go.” I jerked my chin to the stairs. He shrugged his shoulders as I made my way to the front door as it knocked again. I opened the door and looked at the girl as she chewed on her gum like a cow texting on a blackberry. “Can I help you?” She looked up at me and grunted at me making me raise my eye brow. “As I said can I help you?” She ran a hand through her bleach blonde hair before looking at her friend who looked just like her.

“We’re looking for Tucker Brown and Ben Roberts? Do you know where they are?” She said giving me a bored look. I looked back into the house at Ben. He looked out one of the windows before shaking him head at me.

“We don’t live here. You don’t know us.” He whispered fiercely at me shaking his head. “Please?” I nodded at him sticking my head back out the door.

“Sorry sweetheart.  I ain’t sure how this ‘Black Tucker or Robert Ben’ is. I’m sure as the sun is blue that there ain’t no boys of those names under here. All I got here is my Ma, my Pa, and my 4 cousin Betty-Lou, and Betty- Sue, Sally-may, and Jim-Bob. Oh my Grandmamma and Grandpapa are here too. Y’all want me to gettin’ them? ‘Cause I can if ya want.” I said in a thick southern accent. The girls looked at me like I was some idiot as I stared at them with an innocent look.