Chapter Fourteen

We got to the local mall and walked in the big mall together. “I want to go shopping.” Nic smiled looking at us. The guys groaned.

“Yeah I’m not going shopping with you.” Liam groaned holding his hands up. “No way in hell!” I laughed at him as Tucker pulled away from me.

“I do have to agree with Liam here. I’m not going girly shopping. I want to go to the sports store not shoe shopping.”  Ben groaned at us.

“I don’t want to go damn sports shopping with you idiots.” Nic snapped at them crossing her arms at them

“Why don’t we split up and meet back up at the food court?” Tucker said getting between them as they went into a full blown argument in the entrance of the mall.

“I’m fine with that.” Liam said crossing his arms. He looked at Nic as she nodded too.

“Fine.” Nic said.

“Fine!” Ben said back.

“Will y’all shut up?” I groaned rubbing my forehead.  “We will split alright? Nic and me and y’all with Blake. Alright just shut up.” I sighed looking around at the two of them.

“Alright.” Nic said quietly. “I’m sorry Carson.” I nodded at her. Tucker punched Ben.

“Say you’re sorry to Carson and my sister.”

“I’m sorry.” He huffed at us making Nic rolled her eyes.

“Come on Car. We have better thing to do.” She pulled on my arm. I nodded as Tucker kissed me.

“I’ll call you later for us to meet up.” I nodded walking off with Nic. When we got far enough away she turned to look at me.

“What was that about?” I asked her as she stopped to look at the map of the mall. She looked at me.

“Nothing really.” She shrugged moving to go to a shoe store.

“That didn’t sound like nothing. What’s up? You can tell me.” She sighed as we got to the store.

“You know that I like Ben…” She trailed off looking away from me.

“Of course. You’ve had a crush on him since…well since I’ve known you. You haven’t fault like this with him before. What happened?” She looked down. “Do I have to punch him?” I asked looking up at her from a pair of flats I was looking at. She shook her head.

“No you don’t have to punch him.” She smiled at me.

“Have you told him you like him yet?” She sighed before shaking her head.  “Why not?” I asked her sympathetically. She shrugged again.

“I just…I don’t know how to. How could I?” she said sitting down on one of the benches.

“How about ‘Ben I love you more than a brother’?” She looked at me.

“Carson I’m serious.”

“So am I. You have been in love with him for what? Almost 10 years now?” She nodded. “Then what is it Nic?” She sighed.

“I don’t know Carson. I wanted this to be different. This is my senior year of high school. I haven’t really had a boyfriend. I mean come on I want to….”

“Want to what Sweetheart?” She looked over at before looking around to see if anyone is listening.

“I want a man’s touch Carson.  I crave it. But I don’t want one damn random guy. I want Ben.” She sighed putting her head on her hands.