2

Morgan

He banged his fists on the desk and then looked back at me. He then looked back at Mr. Arruzo while his breathing quickened.

"In this jar," Mr. Arruzo lifted up a glass jar and shook it. "In this jar, there is a paper of a list of activities you and your partner will be doing. There is also further instructions on it. I will walk around and one of you two will draw, I'll start here."

He gave placed the jar on Klay and some other girl's desk and the girl reached in to grab a piece of the folded papers.

"Who's going to draw?" Stephen asked me as I looked at him. His fists seem to relax as he rested them on his desk.

"It doesn't matter, I don't mind," I replied.

"You'll do it then," he said without looking at me. I rolled my eyes at his still childish behavior. This is barely the first day and were already getting an assignment that will last eight weeks.

"I'm so not looking forward to this," he huffed.

"You act like I am," I said.

"You probably are. Klay told me you were desperate," he replied.

"Klay doesn't even know me, heck we never talked," I furrowed my eyebrows. This kid loves to make up anything.

"Whatever-" Stephen started but stopped since Mr. Arruzo reached our desk with the jar.

"Who's choosing?" He asked.

"She is." I dug my hand into the bowl and randomly chose a piece of paper. Mr. Arruzo moved onto the next group as Stephen and I stared at the folded piece of paper. There were multiple ones so it was pretty thick.

"Here," I handed it to him so he could open it. He tore the little piece of tape and unfolded it. I noticed the first paper was mainly the instructions and then the next was a list of activities. Boy was there a lot.

Stephen glanced at the paper and then threw it at me, "Hell nah."

"What?" I asked him curiously.

"This is fucking bullshit," he groaned and crossed his arms.

I opened the paper and read the first words I saw...

Human Growth Development.

-

"Hey, girly, how was Stephen in calculus?" Taylor teased.

I rolled my eyes and scowled at her, "I don't understand what you see in him, he's such an asshole."

"Girl, quit lying," she said laughing taking a bite of her spaghetti.

"Have you had a period with him? I swear his ego is bigger than this damn world." I rose my eyebrows as Emma came and sat down next to us.

"Nope, but I have with Klay." She shrugged.

I shook my head, "It's weird because I have never seen him and Klay before. They've been going here since freshman year but yet I haven't ever seen them. I know Klay because he kicked me off the court, but I don't know him personally."

Taylor nodded, "You've been missing out because you have your head stuck in books."

Emma laughed, "It's true, and Klay, man, that boy is fine. I feel like he would be hotter if his nose wasn't so jacked up, but he's still fine as hell."

Taylor shook her head quickly, "Nah uh, Klay is fine regardless of his nose and girl what do you mean? His nose isn't jacked up."

"You two need to stop," I chuckled. I looked around the cafeteria and my eyes met someone's hazels eyes. I turned around immediately feeling my cheeks burn.