Admission

I sit there for awhile before I hear someone in the trees. It doesn't take me long to realize who it is.

"Sasuke, are you going to creep around all night, or is there something you want?" I ask and hear a chuckle followed by a soft thud.

"Shut it loser. I just had to come see this scheme of theirs fail, you're far too hard headed to realize something like girls." He says leaning against a tree.

"Oh and here I thought you were still caught up on our kiss to notice them." I say laughing and hear him sputter.

"We agreed never to talk about that Naruto." He says darkly.

"Don't pick fights you can't win Sasuke." I chuckle out and he sighs. "Why are you here, I thought you were out searching for answers?"

"Like I said, this I had to see."

"Afraid I'll show you up in the ladies department?" I ask, standing and turning to him.

He looks much the same as when he'd left, but he also has an alien look to him that I can't place.

"Ha that's rich, I've been showing you up since the academy." He says rolling his eyes. "Also though I came as a friend to see if you wanted some support, that is what friends are for right?"

"Is this your attempt at being nice?" I ask elbowing him, and he just rolls his eyes again.

"You never change, though I suppose that's a good thing." He says shoving me lightly.

"Thanks Sasuke, but this is something I've got to do alone." I say feeling out again for Hinata's chakra.

"You know anytime I've said that to you, you ended up chasing me all over the world." He says standing straight and giving me an amused look.

"This is different, I'm not running off to get power, this is something only I can do."

"How the tables have turned. Relax I'm not going to interfere, just give this to lady Tsunade, and for your sake, don't look at it." He says handing me a scroll.

I take it nodding before putting it in my ninja tool case.

"I've got to get going, but I'll check in later to see how much you manage to screw this up." He says starting to walk away.

"Thanks Sasuke, it's good to see you." I say giving him a small wave, and going back to camp.

I walk back to camp and find a tree where I'm overlooking the tents. It's not long before Kiba gets up and tells me to get some sleep. I retreat to my tent without much argument, and attempt to sleep, but can't.

I stay awake through the night thinking, and only realize it's morning when Shino comes to get me.

"Naruto, it's time to get going." He says and I start to get up.

We pack up camp and start to move out when Kakashi clears his throat.

"Naruto, as the strongest of us, I would ask you to keep Lady Hinata safe." He says calmly and aloof as usual.

"But Kakashi sensei, the whole mission..." I start but am cut off by his quick glare. "Right, guard Hinata. Got it."

I go to where Hinata is standing, noticing her slight blush, the way the light shines off of her hair, the sweet smell of her perfume. I walk forward paying more attention to Hinata than where I'm at, until I feel a blunt pain on my face, and suddenly I'm on the ground in front of a tree.

"Yeesh Naruto, can't you watch where you're going?" Kiba asks mockingly.

I grumble to my self, squinting at him as Hinata offers me her hand.