Chapter 3

SAMANTHA

It was Saturday around two and Alysa had just pulled out a batch of brownies from the oven. I was telling her about my visit and invitation from Josh yesterday.

"That's something new. He's been living there for almost a year now and he never came over to say hello or anything until now."

It's true. Josh had moved next door last year but didn't introduce himself or anything. My only encounters with him were when I passed him on the hallways in school and the rare occasion when I'd bump into him while coming out of the few classes we had together. Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

"Are we going later though?" she was cutting the brownies now and I was so close to popping one into my mouth but I knew I would regret it since they were really hot.

"Are you an idiot? Of course we are not going!"

She groaned. "Why not! We should go. It would shock them really badly if they see us there. Please!!!" She was practically begging me and she knew I couldn't say no to her when she was.

"Fine! But these brownies are mine!" I said as I took a brownie and devoured it.

--------------------------

JOSH

I stood at the top of the stairwell looking down at all of the people coming into my home. Half of them I didn't know. Ethan basically knew everyone so I didn't have to worry. I hand playfully slapped my shoulder.

"Is she coming?" A famous smirk greeted my eyes.

"Nah, I highly doubt it."

There was no way she was coming. The part with us inviting her was just to get her pissed off at the fact that the noise would be back a day earlier. I wasn't lying when I said that my best friend knew everyone.

He found out from his sources that she's smart, her brother's the captain of the football team and she has a big ass mouth that will probably get her in trouble. The last part I knew well. I'm not usually a vengeful person but no one walks in my house and tells me what to do. This isn't even revenge if you think about it. It's plain old fun.

I was about to walk down the stairs and go into the kitchen when I saw her. She came. She was wearing normal clothes; a jeans and a lose fitting top with sneakers. I was partially impressed. Most girls at this party wore the shortest and tightest piece of clothing in their closest with the highest of heels.

Those things were created by the
devil. Never piss off a girl in heels. You will regret it for the rest of your life. Trust me. I walked across the room to meet her.

"So you finally made it. I thought that you weren't going to show up. Would've broken my heart into pieces." I held my hand over my heart over dramatically.

She spun on her heels. " Yeah but I'm sure one of those," referring to some members of the cheerleading squad, "In that conner glaring at me would help you glue it back together."

And with that she left to go to the kitchen. Any other girl would have melted by now.

"Josh, dude, you're staring at her!" Ethan yelled from across the hall.

I couldn't help it she piqued my interest.