Chapter 2

JOSH

She came into my house, talked to me like as if I were a little child and left.

Who the hell did she think she was?

It was amusing though. No one ever tells me what to do and gets away with it. I would let her have her peace this week, but Saturday, I planned on going back to normal. My train of thought was stopped when I heard the front door open and close.

"Dude what was your annoying neighbour doing here?" Ethan asked me while he was going into the kitchen.

Ethan was my best friend and knew my house more than he knew his. I told him a while ago that he should just move in here with me. He stayed here on nights when his parents are constantly arguing and when we're out late.

"Smart-ass came to tell me 'bout the music" I replied while I caught a can of coke that Ethan threw, "I should start it back up now for fun, but I think we should have another party Saturday."

"I'll get the word around." Ethan smirked. It wasn't Ethan if he didn't smirk after we started planning something.

"And I'll invite our special guest on Friday."

----------------------------------------

SAMANTHA

Surprising Josh kept the music down for the rest of the week.

It was Friday and I was in the kitchen making dinner when the door bell rang. When Chase said he'd get it, I almost laughed. He rarely did anything at home.

"It's for you, Sam!" yelled Chase from the front door.

I went to the front and my jaw almost dropped when I saw Josh standing there when a sleeveless shirt. Hard muscle worked its way down his arm from his shoulders. I was a sucker for muscular arms. I didn't stare though. That would be weird. And I'm not the least bit weird.

"What do you want?" I asked him, trying to seem impatient.

"Saturday night. I'm having a party and you're coming. Oh, and bring your little blonde friend to. Party starts at seven sweetheart, so don't be late," he told me. Didn't ask or anything but told me

What the hell!

"And what makes you think that we'll actually come?" Now I was getting impatient.

"I assumed you would be up either way. I was being polite" he said with a huge grin plastered to his face. "See you tomorrow, señorita!" he called as he crossed the road.

I didn't even realise when he walked away.

There was no way that I was going tomorrow. None.