Chapter 4

SAMANTHA

This party was going amazing. For everyone but me. Alysa took two shots of vodka and disappeared. She has a low tolerance level and knows it, but she still chose to drink. I limited myself to beers. I did not want to get drunk while I was here. I tensed as a hand touched my waist.

"Señorita, you're not gonna have fun if you stand in the kitchen all night."

I spun around to meet a very  gorgeous and very drunk Josh. He was standing so close, I was mere inches away from him. Alcohol radiated off him. I took a few steps back until my back hit the wall. He closed the space between us and put his hands against the wall on either side of my head. He brought his face down to my ears.

"Why, are you intimidated by me?" His voice was a whisper and made goosebumps spread across my skin. I put my hands on his chest to push him away but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm not. I just don't know you." I sounded afraid but I doubted that he would remember in the morning.

"Lighten up and have some fun. If you keep this up, you're gonna miss out on the fun parts of life." His lips were almost touching under my ear now. It was weird that I haven't slapped him yet. The last person that tried to get close to me got slapped across his face. After saying that he left me alone.

I had just about enough. I went to look for Alysa so we could leave. I found her dancing with Ethan. What the hell was she doing! I walked up and grabbed her wrist and started pulling her towards the door. When I opened the front door to my house, I was greeted by a curious Chase.

"Don't ask," I muttered to him before I carried Alysa up to my room. We were best friends since preschool. We have a lot of sleepovers so her parents just bought her a mattress for when she was staying here. I dumped her on the mattress on the floor and proceeded to my bathroom to get ready for bed.

----------------------------------------

JOSH

I looked at her walk out the door dragging the blonde one behind her.

Don't ask me what I was doing talking to her in the kitchen. I couldn't help it. She was alone and I wanted to talk to her for reasons I didn't even understand.

Around 12 everyone left but I left the music on til one just to see if Samantha would come back to take it off again, but she didn't.

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking.

"Sorry man," I heard Ethan mutter from the kitchen. He was completely drunk last night. After evey one left, we drank out another bottle. Ethan drank most of it though. He was drinking, no gulping down, glasses of water, one after the next. I felt normal. The benefits of having a high tolerance level for alcohol. He came and sat down on the couch opposite me.

"What happened between you and your annoying little neighbour in the kitchen last night? Don't think I didn't see you man." He was giving me this look that suggested that things happened last night.

"Nothing. She didn't take off the music like last time thought. I was looking forward to her reaction if she did."

He laughed. "Everyone would have wanted to murder her man. I swear everyone was so drunk last night. This one girl was making out with a spoon."

We cleaned up everything at three and was getting ready to leave for the airport. My mom was coming home. My mom was this big business woman. She got my dad's business after he died from cancer. Mom put everything into this business and was successful. She's rarely home, always travelling. She visited home once a month for a week. On the way to my car, I saw Samantha outside, crouched down, fixing her shoes on the porch.

"Señorita," I called from across the road, "Do you need a ride?"

She looked at me like I was a joke. "Nope. Bye."

Ouch. This is what I get for trying to be nice. Ethan came out and we left to go for the woman who cooked the world's most amazing food for us.