Chapter 9

DARA'S POV

I glanced at my clock, pouting. Why is that woman taking so long? I stared at the city lights here at Gangnam as I stand alone in the front door of Bom's boutique waiting for her.

Were going to talk about life, which is what we usually do. We always comfort each other but, why do I feel like – hard? opening up this time is hard? I feel so scared.

"Dara!" I hear her calling me. GAAAAH, I missed her.

"Bom-ahhhh" I said gazing. I reached for her embrace and hugged her tight. I can smell her strawberry scented perfume that she had always loved.

"Come on, I made our reservation in our fave resto, let's get going.. you have a long story to tell t-toki!"

I smiled forcibly at her as she drags me into the restaurant but I'm feeling so uneasy.

"So, what's up?" Bom asked the moment we entered.

I sighed. How can I tell her everything, now? I don't want to look back and remember everything that happened. It's going to hurt me b-but I know that this is the only way to make this hurting less painful.

"Jiyong.." I said as I start the conversation.

"He's back" Bom could only look at me with confusion.

"Great! He's back right? Isn't that a good thing? You wanted him to come back right? He's here now so, what's the problem?"

"Him. He is the problem. I don't know, he came back and I'm not informed by it. He came back like just a blink of an eye.. he came back without me knowing that he's our new CEO––"

"Wait, CEO?! MOONSHOT?!"

I nod and took a sip on my coffee.

"He's our new CEO. I don't know anymore Bom. When he saw me it feels like I'm a different person to him like we just met.. and, I'm already working for him for 3 days b-but we never talk about.. about, us"

I look up as my tears are threatening to fall. That pain inside my chest that I avoided to feel crawled so fastback and it was making it hard to stop crying.

Bom looked at me with sadness written all over her face and I just hated the idea more because I hate seeing my friends look sad just because of me.

"What are we?" I asked.

Bom was just looking at me and listening. The good thing is we're at a VIP room so we're the only people inside.

"I wanted to ask him.. how is he? what's up? how's the US? how have you been? did you miss me? have I ever crossed to your mind?"