Chapter 4

"What is it?" John asked, a bit irritated.

"Well, i bet we can save your mum."

"We don't want to be here till im 17, Paul."

"Thats true." Newkirk looked at Paul.

Paul rolled his eyes. "If only we could."

"What was yer friend...Ringo thinkin' of when he fell threw a whole?" Newkirk asked taking a puff of his cigarette.

"Ask him." Paul mumbled.

Newkirk got up and went over to a phone. John sat there staring at his friend.

"I cant save her." John said.

"I bet we can. We just have to think of a way to go forward a little."

"To, 1958."

"Yeah, but its 1944. And your only 4 years old! So don't go to you family. They wont know who you are."

"Whats Newkirk going?" John asked.

"Calling the others i guess."

John nodded and stood up and began walking to the counter. He ran into a lady and a young boy, stepping on the boys foot.

"Oh im sorry, really!" John said.

"Watch where your going then." The lady said comforting her young boy.

John sighed and walked up to the counter. His mind went back to that lady he had encountered and he turned around. The lady was ordering the crying boy, and John thought she looked familiar, just couldn't place it. He turned around and bought a fish n chips packet and walked back over to the boy and his mum. 

"Can he have this?" John asked.

She looked at John, and John stared back at her. This couldn't be his mum could it?

The boy took the food, the lady told him to say thank you. He did.

"May i ask your name?" John asked the woman.

"Its Julia."

"Thats lovely." John smiled ear to ear. 

"And yours?" She asked shifting her young son.

"John."

"Oh, thats my boys name." She smiled.

John looked at the other John, it was him. 

John was gettting excited now. He hadn't seen his mum in years, and this was like a dream come true. He felt tears come up to his eyes. He turned and hurried over to Paul, who had fallen asleep at the table.

Newkirk came over. "Every thing al'ight mate?" He put his hand on John's shoulder.

John whipped his tears off his face. The woman came over with a worried look.

"Is everything okay? I didn't mean to sound rude." She said quickly.

"Im..im fine." John said and took a deep breath.

Little John came over to his older self and handed him a chip.

"Mister be happy of i give chip?" He smiled.

John chuckled at himself and took it.

"Thanks. Um, This is my friend Newkirk, and this..." He looked at Paul and poked him. Paul looked up with his sleepy eyes.

"That is me friend Paul." John smiled.

Julia nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"Would you like to have a seat." John grinned.